用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Is Yew Chung international school a good school to g ...
發新帖
查看: 5496|回覆: 9
go

Is Yew Chung international school a good school to go? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-9-21 20:18 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I'm looking for a good IS (prefer through-train)for my daughter for P1, pls. comment for YCIS, thanks alot!!!

any other good recommendations??

thanks~~
   0    0    0    0

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 10-9-26 21:54 |只看該作者
I've heard many people say YCIS is NO GOOD....

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 10-9-26 22:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 mrshoho 於 10-9-26 21:54 發表
I've heard many people say YCIS is NO GOOD....

Why not? Can u elaborate? What about kinder & primary?

4#
發表於 10-9-27 09:57 |只看該作者
Despite what people like to say about YC, it's a fact that YC's IB results are better than that of ESF's. More students get bilingual diploma too.

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 10-9-27 13:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 delusionist 於 10-9-27 09:57 發表
Despite what people like to say about YC, it's a fact that YC's IB results are better than that of ESF's. More students get bilingual diploma too.

Yet, unfortunately, despite what you claimed, people still prefer ESF over YC.

6#
發表於 10-9-27 13:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 Darth 於 10-9-27 13:44 發表
Yet, unfortunately, despite what you claimed, people still prefer ESF over YC.

Why? Cost or what?

7#
發表於 10-9-27 14:08 |只看該作者
ESF has a few schools sit for IBDP, my friend's kids in ESF also transferred to better ESF school for better IB scores. From XXX to KGV.

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 10-9-27 14:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-27 13:55 發表

Why? Cost or what?

I would usually look at the student body of the secondary section.

The majority of YX secondary students are local cantonese speaking students. Not only this, but the teachers as well, are mostly local. YX is usually a stepping stones for many who were unable to get admission to other international schools. I would not say it is not a good school. On the contrary, I heard that it is extremely popular amongst local students who would very much like to get into a english medium secondary school (but failed to do so). To these students, YX is a "good school" because it offers them an alternative to local school education.

Honestly, if you ask around, other international schools accept local school students too at different year levels. However, most students prefer to get to other schools like ESF, HKIS, etc, IF THEY HAVE A CHOICE. Only when they are unable to get admission to these "more preferred" schools, would they consider YX.

I would never say YX is not a good school, because I am sure, to many students, it is in fact a very good school because it gave them a chance to receive international school education, even with low English standard.

I believe that one reason local parents prefer international schools because of the language environment. Then what is the point if you are putting your child in YX, where almost all the time, he would be using cantonese on campus anyway? Would that sound more like a usual local school, just that you are to pay a much higher fees?

For parents like me, whose children speak very little cantonese, we would feel that it would be hard for our children to fit because of the limited cantonese that our children speak.

[ 本帖最後由 Darth 於 10-9-27 14:54 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 10-9-27 14:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-27 14:08 發表
ESF has a few schools sit for IBDP, my friend's kids in ESF also transferred to better ESF school for better IB scores. From XXX to KGV.

I never knew that you can transfer that easily.

In any case, I think this is totally unnecessary. I look that the IBD score this way.

I certainly would be proud of my children's school, if they have much higher average score, or if they have a couple of students that have perfect score of 45.

However, practically speaking, this really has nothing to do with my children. In fact, for every perfect score student, there are more than 100 "ordinary score" students. Even at KGV, there are students that have poor scores. It is ultimately personal effort.

To me, I would say I am please with the quality of ESF, and actually, I believe a student with any ESF school would have equal opportunity to get a perfect score of 45 if he works hard.

10#
發表於 10-9-27 16:11 |只看該作者

回覆 9# Darth 的文章

He told me that, that's work for his kids.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題