搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Learning about dinosaurs
發新帖
查看: 1541|回覆: 8
go

Learning about dinosaurs [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-12-12 16:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Is there any class or course for 5 years old IS boy to learn more about dinosaurs?? My son loves dinosaurs very much. He has already learned a lot from books, videos & even movies at home but I just want him to learn about dinosaurs in a proper/systematic way?!
Thanks a lot.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-12-13 12:23 |只看該作者
I don't think such course exists, and even they exist,  most material courses should be copied from books/videos and it is really difficult to have "new" information fulfilling your young dinosaur lover.
If i were you, i would try to find some updated research from the web. I hope those updated information could fulfill the curiosity of your young dinoaur-lover.

3#
發表於 10-12-13 17:49 |只看該作者

回復 1# oooray 的帖子

oooray,

Thanks for your reply...I think so too...
but the point is my son couldn't get the whole picture about different dino's periods when he learned them by single piece each time from different books/ videos/ informations from web...and I also have difficulty to read some dinosaurs names...

4#
發表於 10-12-13 21:08 |只看該作者
This could be useful

Dinosaur Atlas: An Amazing Journey Through a Lost World
http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Atlas-Amazing-Journey-Through/dp/0756622352

We have one at home, got it from a book shop here in HK. The kid enjoys it and knows all the different periods of Dina era.

5#
發表於 10-12-13 21:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 gardenwoods 於 10-12-12 16:01 發表
Is there any class or course for 5 years old IS boy to learn more about dinosaurs?? My son loves dinosaurs very much. He has already learned a lot from books, videos & even movies at home but I just w ...

Since you posted your question here, I presume your child is studying in an international school.

Western education do not believe in extra classes of such type particularly in primary school age. My children learned about dinosaurs by reading books and watching tv series. My experience is that, children learn best by finding out the information by themselves instead of someone (eg tutor or parent) telling them everything.

6#
發表於 10-12-13 21:42 |只看該作者

回復 1# alpham0m 的帖子

Thank you for your recommendation!!

It's a good book...will go check it out asap.
Thanks again.

7#
發表於 10-12-13 22:17 |只看該作者

回復 2# nintendo 的帖子

yes parent, he is in reception at an IS...

& you are right again that he usually learns "extra" things himself from reading a lot of books, watching videos, movies & even youtube.com...

Last year when he was 4, he started studying weather & diaster such as clouds, tornado, hurricane, flooding, earthquake, tsunami and even volcano...since he couldn't read any words at that time, I & my husband had to go through all the materials & explain everything to him...that was painful for us...

Started from the middle of this year, he changed to study dinosaurs...once again, we have to study the books/videos/movies with him together...we even took him to The Lost World at Universal Studios for his further exploration about dinosaurs...& we've already bought the tickets of the Show...

When comparing with your children, I think the most critical thing is my son  has just started learning about phonics/letter sounds at school and therefore still cannot read any words....

8#
發表於 10-12-13 23:14 |只看該作者

回復 7# gardenwoods 的帖子

gardenwoods,
do you know what will make it less painful? treat it as a learning journey together and it will be more fun! i always tell my kid that mommy does not know everything, but we can find out things together. whenever we come across something that is unfarmiliar, our buzz words would be "let's google it!"

have fun!

9#
發表於 10-12-13 23:21 |只看該作者

回復 1# alpham0m 的帖子

yes yes....our magic word is "Let's check with the computer!"

Haha...

[ 本帖最後由 gardenwoods 於 10-12-13 23:25 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題