搜索
教育王國 討論區 教材閱讀 bad experience on Montessori trial class
發新帖
查看: 2001|回覆: 2
go

bad experience on Montessori trial class [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-3-22 13:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Recently I attended a 8-hr parent course of Montessori in Kln. Then I supposed to get my 3yo kid joined the 2-hr trial class for $500 which was considered a fair deal for me. My son was moody and he kept crying, sitting on my lap and refused to join in. After 15 mins the class teacher had no clue and called the person-in-charge of that school to handle this case.
She's a qualified Montessori professional. My kid was still cross with her, which meant she couldn't approach him nor got a successful response from him. Shen then asked me about my kid and told me. My kid can sleep through night, not choosy on food, according to that lady she can't tell anything abnormal or special on him.
I told her till now he's still moody when he goes to K1 for the first few mins but then he's absolutely cheerful. Later on my kid's willing to moving around the backyard, didn't playing anything at class or about Montessori but just hanged around on an abandoned tricycle. He asked the lady for permission. that's the only conversation between him and her.
I talked to her for less than 45 mins and during the time she said it's like she's giving consultation to me. Afterwards she intended to charge me $500 for the 45-min conversation, without any report and she claimed,"you don't know what I charge for consultancy in general."

Oh yes, I really don't know and if I were told about "fee" for that general chat, I won't continue such conversation. I told her that's unreasonable on several aspects
1. U didn't mention about 'consultation FEE' in advance. I'm willing to pay if u said "even i can't successfully join in, i still have to pay" beforehand.
2. $500 for 2hr class is an agreed charge but such $500 for a 'CHAT' is absolutely not.

I found this school is very money-oriented. Even for the 8-hr parent course, it didn't last for 8-hr indeed and most of the content can be found in Montessori book. For parent's sake, if i were them, I'd like to share such opinion in free instead of organizing monthly course.

Just wanna share my bad experience here. Montessori is a good concept but pls don't make it too commercial, even for frankly sharing.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-4-9 00:41 |只看該作者

local Montessori programs

Of all Montessori programs in HK, I recommend only 2 - Best Concept and IMS.  My kid attended both and they really know what they are doing and not profit-oriented.

3#
發表於 11-8-21 22:18 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖