用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 any PIPS (KLN) & TT parents?
發新帖
查看: 4225|回覆: 19
go

any PIPS (KLN) & TT parents? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-3-29 23:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
where will the kids from PIPS (KLN) & TT go after PN? or even after K2? i duno how to choose between this two, i am planning my kid to go for IS! please comment!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-3-30 14:15 |只看該作者
I don't know about PIPS, but just dont go to TT.  They don't have a heart for kids, they don't have a sense of responsibility.  You will regret to send your kid there!!

3#
發表於 11-3-30 21:02 |只看該作者
For some campus, I truely agree!

原帖由 marathon 於 11-3-30 14:15 發表
I don't know about PIPS, but just dont go to TT.  They don't have a heart for kids, they don't have a sense of responsibility.  You will regret to send your kid there!!

4#
發表於 11-3-30 23:16 |只看該作者
多多還是祟真國際呢

5#
發表於 11-4-5 20:15 |只看該作者
It's Tutor Time that we were talking about.

原帖由 yaulinda 於 11-3-30 23:16 發表
多多還是祟真國際呢

6#
發表於 11-4-6 12:47 |只看該作者
I agree with the comments on TT.  My girl tried it, and I wasn't impressed at all.  Very commercial (which is expected), but the staff aren't professional at all, and agreed that they don't have passion for teaching kids.  Maybe suitable for parents who are both working and don't even want to bother what the school does to their kids.

7#
發表於 11-4-8 09:27 |只看該作者
原帖由 suzanlai 於 11-3-29 23:22 發表
where will the kids from PIPS (KLN) & TT go after PN? or even after K2? i duno how to choose between this two, i am planning my kid to go for IS! please comment!

Are you looking at nursery only or kindergarten?  Both school's kindergartens are not great.  I can say so at least for PIPS (KLN) and TT Dorset.  My friend's daughter is quiet and she had a really really bad time at PIPS during nursery.  She is still very quiet.  As for TT WOW Suffolk, my son enjoyed nursery very much.  The teachers were good when we were there.. We have moved on to ESF.  His friends have gone to St Catherine, Kentville, etc.  There are some that chose to stay at TT Dorset as a transition to other schools who do not offer K1 or its equivalent, like CIS, SIS, FIS and ICS.  For those parents, the arrangement and transition to Dorset is ok.

There are some children who didn't get into other kindergartens and moved to TT Dorset and the parents complained like crazy.  They are so different from TT WOW, no passion for teaching, the admin staff being rude... just to name a few.

To be honest, for the price TT is charging now... it's not worth the money.  Just my personal opinion.

8#
發表於 11-4-9 13:22 |只看該作者
i had heard of a lot of negative comments from previous parents about TT, so still struggling if i should send my kid to PIPS (KLN) international stream.

9#
發表於 11-4-9 19:36 |只看該作者
haha... can't agree more w/ what you say!!!

原帖由 HKPES 於 11-4-6 12:47 發表
I agree with the comments on TT.  My girl tried it, and I wasn't impressed at all.  Very commercial (which is expected), but the staff aren't professional at all, and agreed that they don't have passi ...

10#
發表於 11-4-9 19:46 |只看該作者
yes, for TT... don't mention about complaint, but even if you attempt to make some very legitimate enquiry, they would FORCE YOU TO WITHDRAW!!!  I am very serious!!! That happened to my friend.  

Like 'HKPES' said, they are very commercial, which is expected and is ok... it's a commercial world and as long as you are 'willing' to pay, and they are offering the service/products that you want... but the thing is, they DO NOT quiet offer the service as expected, not even the basic service that they require to, and for the money they charge, it's really insane!!  They just don't have the heart to provide a proper education service, they only care to squeeze out every dollar from the parents.

原帖由 lottieclee 於 11-4-8 09:27 發表

Are you looking at nursery only or kindergarten?  Both school's kindergartens are not great.  I can say so at least for PIPS (KLN) and TT Dorset.  My friend's daughter is quiet and she had a really  ...

11#
發表於 11-4-10 09:17 |只看該作者
Talking about commercial... PIPS require a debenture.  How many kindergartens require a debenture?  

PIPS & TT... I don't know who is the lesser of the 2 evils.

12#
發表於 11-4-11 16:02 |只看該作者
I'm just re-posting my more detailed comments on TT on another thread here for your reference:
"My girl used to attend the playgroup at TT, but I wasn't impressed at all.  
1. Most of the kids were accompanied by maids, and during the freeplay time, it was the maids who played with the kids.  Very often, the maids would simply chat among themselves and the teachers / classroom assistant did not do anything to stop this.  

2. The teachers weren't enthusiastic about teaching kids.  During each Eng / PTH session, the teacher would simply sing 1-2 songs for 5 min, and then spend another 5 min demonstrating an art activity without engaging the kids at all.

3. During the art activity time, again it was the maids who help out with the activities.  The teachers play a minimal role only.

4. The teacher/student ratio wasn't good at all.  During the school tour, the office staff would tell you that there were 3 teachers per playgroup, ie one Eng, one PTH and one classroom assistant.  In fact, the Eng and PTH teachers would only stay in the class for their respective 10-15 session, because there were other simultaneous classes at the same time.  The classroom assistant was not a qualified teacher, and was only assisting the logistics of the class such as setting up the table for snack time, taking pictures of the kids for their school's advertisements etc.  Consequently, it was the maids who were playing and looking after the kids themselves.  I suppose very few parents actually accompany their kids to every class, and so may not realise that they are not getting value for money..."

13#
發表於 11-5-5 01:26 |只看該作者

回覆 1# suzanlai 的文章

My son attended nursery class at TT WOW when he's 2 years old and TT Red Hill when he's 3.  
He's having a great time at WOW, and I loved this school very much.  I don't know what should I suppose to get from the school while the kid was only 2 years old - should I expect they can speak in perfect English and Mandarin when they come home?  I doubt.  I think the most important thing is they love and care for my kid, and provide an environment for them to develop the interest in learning.
Of course, I totally agree that the environment is different in different campus.  My kid didn't like Red Hill very much, maybe the teachers didn't pay much attention to him.  And later on, he went to ESF after he got an offer.  And now, he still remembers the good time he had in TT WOW. :)

14#
發表於 11-6-11 21:10 |只看該作者
I think PIPS is becoming a better school, and my son did enjoyed his K1 class. However, be prepared some PN teacher might be a bit harsh and expect every kids to develop at the same speed, even if the age gap is 1 year! My son's PN teacher once told me he had no idea of time and space and I should not think he is special as all other 17 kids in his class could do something but he couldn't. Also, my neighbor's son got bitten on the face (bleeding a lot). I honestly can not say it's a fantastic school.

15#
發表於 11-6-12 02:07 |只看該作者
oh! may i know when is this happened? your son is now still in PIPS? and is your son in local or international stream? appreciated if you can tell me or PM me !!

原帖由 jxwahc 於 11-6-11 21:10 發表
I think PIPS is becoming a better school, and my son did enjoyed his K1 class. However, be prepared some PN teacher might be a bit harsh and expect every kids to develop at the same speed, even if the ...

16#
發表於 11-6-12 14:34 |只看該作者
hi, can you check PM?

原帖由 lottieclee 於 11-4-8 09:27 發表

Are you looking at nursery only or kindergarten?  Both school's kindergartens are not great.  I can say so at least for PIPS (KLN) and TT Dorset.  My friend's daughter is quiet and she had a really  ...

17#
發表於 11-6-12 15:46 |只看該作者
I would not choose these two kindies neither.

You'd better check with Anfield (Kowloon Tong) or YMCA (Tsim Sha Tsui) to see if there's any vacancy.

原帖由 suzanlai 於 11-3-29 23:22 發表

18#
發表於 11-6-13 00:07 |只看該作者
yea, but they dont have PN class

原帖由 Radiomama 於 11-6-12 15:46 發表
I would not choose these two kindies neither.

You'd better check with Anfield (Kowloon Tong) or YMCA (Tsim Sha Tsui) to see if there's any vacancy.

19#
發表於 11-6-14 10:45 |只看該作者
If you aim at GSIS primary, why don't you try their kindy first? As far as I know, it would guarantee you a ticket to the primary.

原帖由 suzanlai 於 11-6-13 00:07 發表
yea, but they dont have PN class

20#
發表於 11-6-14 23:42 |只看該作者
yea ruby, i just attended their information session today! i can just conclude that the admission officer in charge mary is a great woman! i felt from her presentation and replies to the questions that the school have the passion for education and not commercial! i hope my child will have the luck to be with them in the future! by the way, since my child is an oct girl, she cannot apply 2012 KG1, need to wait till 2013, altho a long time to wait for, i think it is worthwhile if she go the admission chance!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖