如題,例如有沒有樂器班,游泳班,籃球班,畫班等? 收費貴嗎?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-4-19 09:29 |只看該作者
每個cky學生必須選修一種樂器。

其他optional課外活動有游泳班﹐水墨畫﹐跳繩﹐中國舞﹐LEGO﹐足球﹐法文等。收費唔算貴。

3#
發表於 11-4-20 19:06 |只看該作者
多謝你回覆,咁通常CKY學生仲會唔會在出面學興趣班,定學校都已經provide得到啦?

同埋收費唔算貴係指大約幾多?與出面價錢相若嗎?

原帖由 cat_house 於 11-4-19 09:29 發表
每個cky學生必須選修一種樂器。

其他optional課外活動有游泳班﹐水墨畫﹐跳繩﹐中國舞﹐LEGO﹐足球﹐法文等。收費唔算貴。

4#
發表於 11-4-21 09:33 |只看該作者
會比出面平﹐不過要返學上同埋時間上要就校曆。會唔會在出面學興趣班?家家有不同要求﹐睇下你須要啲乜啦。

原帖由 Freesia_cat 於 11-4-20 19:06 發表
多謝你回覆,咁通常CKY學生仲會唔會在出面學興趣班,定學校都已經provide得到啦?

同埋收費唔算貴係指大約幾多?與出面價錢相若嗎?

5#
發表於 11-4-22 19:34 |只看該作者
hi cat-house,

you mentioned earlier that each child has to take up an instrument. can you please tell me when they will have to decide? I am planning my child to take ABRSM exam and I want to know if the result would affect their instrument selection or not.

for saturday classes, it seems very interesting. do you know if they have sports classes like football or basketball? and are they held on the outside school playground?

as a current CKY parent, how do you see the academic standard? do you feel it is necessary to take extra courses or do supplimentary exercises at home?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

6#
發表於 11-4-26 11:06 |只看該作者
KiddyPrince,

You need to select your instruction during registration.  Your choice will be confirmed on new student orientation such that you can prepare the instrument for your kids before the instrument class start.  The confirmation is merely based on your selection, so not any exam result is taken into account.

Saturday ECA has football session.  The football session is held on the football pitch just opposite to school.  CKY is planning to build an indoor sport complex later.  Before that, no basketball session is provided.

Well, for academic standard, it all depends on the kids and your requirement.  For my son, I find him weak in Chinese despite his teacher told me that he is fine in Chinese academically.  So, I just started to request my son to write Chinese word at home and read a piece of Chinese news to me everyday to uplift his standard.  Some parents find their kids weak in Maths and put them to Kumon.  To me, my son is doing ok with Math.  Whether you need extra classes outside school just work like the same in normal school.

7#
發表於 11-4-26 12:14 |只看該作者
many thanks for your reply cat_house.

8#
發表於 11-4-27 11:04 |只看該作者
sorry cat_house, i have some more questions that i wanted to ask you. instead of listed them here, i want to PM you. but for some reason, i cannot PM anything out. can you PM me your email address if it is ok with you......

9#
發表於 11-4-28 11:09 |只看該作者
I can't pm, too.  Maybe you can list your questions here instead.

原帖由 KiddyPrince 於 11-4-27 11:04 發表
sorry cat_house, i have some more questions that i wanted to ask you. instead of listed them here, i want to PM you. but for some reason, i cannot PM anything out. can you PM me your email address if  ...

10#
發表於 11-4-28 12:11 |只看該作者
thanks cat_house. here is what i wanted to ask you since i was unable to get answer from school directly as i called them earlier. hope you can give me some directions or feedback.

1. swimming team - how do get onto the school swim team? do the kid need to be able to swin like 100M?
2. there are after school swim classes for swim team, how often they train? and how much? and what time after school?
3. has your kid taken sat classes? how is the drawing and robot classes? good and organized?
4. what about sports, which one is better organized and fun?
5. for school orchestra, do they have lessons after school?
6. can the child stay in school library after school hour? i heard school bus leaves on time so if they have after school activities, the parents will have to arrange their own pick-up, where can the child stay before their parent pick them up?
thanks in advance for your help.

原帖由 cat_house 於 11-4-28 11:09 發表
I can't pm, too.  Maybe you can list your questions here instead.

11#
發表於 11-4-28 17:32 |只看該作者
1 & 2. I don't hear any swimming team for Y1 & 2 yet.  CKY just have the swimming pool open this year and thus it is still quite green for swimming team.

3. The ECA are orginaized by external organizer.  I think the LEGO robot class is fine as my son can build some simple mechanic at home by himself after 1 semister.

4. Same for football, kids starts to have football concept after 1 semister.  Football organizer seems quite ok.

5. No idea yet as my son is still too green for school team.

6. Everyday, kids have reading session during school time in addition to recess.  So, they can have time spending in library if they wish.  Of couse, they can also stay in school library after school but you will need to arrange your own transportation back home.  Kids can stay at library reading gallery or playground to wait for their parent.

Sound like you really need your kid to join school team somehow.  Keep relax.

[ 本帖最後由 cat_house 於 11-4-28 17:34 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 11-4-29 09:50 |只看該作者
Thanks for your quick reply cat_house.

I am planning my child's summer activities which is why I take into consideration the Sat ECA.

As you can see, I am absolutely new to the school and I am working my butt off to gather as much info as i can so me and my child can be well prepared when the school starts. I called the school before but hardly get any concrete answers. I am so glad you can help me answering to my inquiries.

Speaking of school team, yes I would definitely like my child to participate (if qualified) because I want my child to have a sense of bonding to the school plus I believe the school is capabable to nurturing them in a wider spectrum than regular classes they like outside.

Thanks for your information.........

13#
發表於 11-5-1 00:14 |只看該作者

回覆 10# KiddyPrince 的文章

Further information for reference.

The school does have basketball classes for ECA on Sat, but only for Year 4-5 students.

Regarding swimming team, it only started last summer.  There are swimming squad and pre-squad team.  Y1-2 students usually join pre-squad team.  Training is 4-5:30pm on Mon, Tue and Fri after school. You can choose to join only 1 day.  There are swimming classes as well on Wed, Thu and Sat.  It's not difficult to get into pre-squad team, especially for Y1 students.  If they can swim for 50M at reasonable speed, they are in.

For orchestra, there are several.  Y1-3 students can join Sinfonia Orchestra.  Practice is 2-4pm on Wed.

Hope the information helps.

14#
發表於 11-5-1 17:40 |只看該作者
Thanks Penguin88.

How much does it cost to train at the Pre-squd team on Mon, Tue and Fri?

For Wed, Thu swim class, are they held during school hour?

For Sinfornia class on Wed 2-4, is this optional? If not, what is the fee?

Seems like no need to take school bus with so many activities after class, so good.

15#
發表於 11-5-3 21:09 |只看該作者

回覆 14# KiddyPrince 的文章

The pre-squad swimming team is around $130 per lesson if I remember correctly.

Swimming classes on Wed, Thu and Sat are optional and held after school.  There are swimming lessons during P.E. lessons - 6 lessons (3 weeks) in the 1st term and 6 in the 2nd term.

Sinfornia orchestra is for those who are selected to join.  Audition is held to choose the suitable students.

For Year 1 students, I'm not sure when the teachers will start picking students for the swimming team and orchestra - probably not until the 2nd term.  If you are keen for your child to join, you may need to ask the school.

Also, if you really want your child to join school activities, there are also school choirs and choral speaking.  So you may want to consider carefully where your child's interest lies.

Hope the information helps.

[ 本帖最後由 Penguin88 於 11-5-3 21:11 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 11-5-3 21:20 |只看該作者
Hi Penguin8, thank you for your feedback and advice, they surely help!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題