用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St Paul's Convent (Primary Section) vs Scared Heart ...
發新帖
查看: 3743|回覆: 13
go

St Paul's Convent (Primary Section) vs Scared Heart Primary [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-7-3 23:57 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My daughter is active, outgoing, always looking for challenge, good memory but her concentration is not good and weak on following intructions. May be with ADHD character. Besides, I have another little girl who is 11 mths old (as I know the birth rate in 2010 was much higher than before).

SPC or SH is more suitable for my kid??
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-7-4 13:15 |只看該作者
SH primary means SHCS pm class?  if so, it depends on if you can afford the school fee or not law.

原帖由 Fat_Man 於 11-7-3 23:57 發表
My daughter is active, outgoing, always looking for challenge, good memory but her concentration is not good and weak on following intructions. May be with ADHD character. Besides, I have another litt ...

3#
發表於 11-7-4 13:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 Fat_Man 於 11-7-3 23:57 發表
My daughter is active, outgoing, always looking for challenge, good memory but her concentration is not good and weak on following intructions. May be with ADHD character. Besides, I have another litt ...

據您的描述似乎兩間都不合喎!?
你係今年已考到定明年想報呀?
"active, outgoing, always looking for challenge......" 報女拔啦!

4#
發表於 11-7-4 23:19 |只看該作者
Yup, SH primary means SHCS pm class.

We got both offers this year. We applied DG before but no offer from that school.

We can afford the school fee. However, it is not guarantee to have an offer from St Paul Convent for my 2nd daughter as the competition will be much higher than before when she apply the kindergarten later.

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 11-7-4 23:48 |只看該作者
I believe this would be a difficult choice for parents.

According to what you described, I would say SHCS is more appropriate choice.  However, how do you or your daughter feel with SPCS (assume she is from SPK/ SPN)?

原帖由 Fat_Man 於 11-7-4 23:19 發表

We got both offers this year. We applied DG before but no offer from that school.

We can afford the school fee. However, it is not guarantee to have an offer fro ...

6#
發表於 11-7-5 07:42 |只看該作者
My daughter is also active, outgoing, always looking for challenge, can't concentrated,... but she studied well in St Paul Convent this year.  It's not really traditional as outsider might think. At least, I don't see many homeworks and there are much more presentations and project works than I expected. If you've got offer from primary section, it means that yr girl is the type that they're looking for.  No worry!

I heard that siblings got higher chance in primary section than kindergarten.

原帖由 Fat_Man 於 11-7-4 23:19 發表

We can afford the school fee. However, it is not guarantee to have an offer fro ...

7#
發表於 11-7-5 08:41 |只看該作者
I have never been comment about SPCSPR for a long time. Read your topic and note you are concern about your choice. As you mentioned, $$$ is not your issue. Why don’t let her as a Paulinian?
I am not sure if your eldest daughter is studying in SPK or SPN. If yes, what was your initial planning before entering SPK / SPN? If your eldest daughter is non SPK / SPN students, I would say, “Congratulation!” Sister Joanna just accepts a few outsiders every year. She do not fall her glasses to select the outsiders. Trust your girl’s ability.
Note your concern about your little daughter. SH PM is mainly in Chinese, but SPCSPR has higher academic level. Be a parent, I do not consider any link for 2 kids. Each has individual altitude, ability and creation.

8#
發表於 11-7-5 10:14 |只看該作者
never link up the sibling when making decision esp those prestigious private schools.

9#
發表於 11-7-5 23:58 |只看該作者
Thanks for yr suggestions.

In fact, my elder daughter is studying in Kg3 in St Paul Kindergarten. She was put on the waiting list last year. She got an offer just in Mid of Jun this year. In fact, she had some social problem and always don't know how to communicate with other classmates. Besides, she is so talkative that the teachers always complain her.

Here are some comments from our friends:-

Pros for SPC
- Good in English
- higher % to Secondary School
- near to our home
- full-day study
- more famious
- good environment

Cons for SPC
- no of students/class >40
- Chinese/Mandarin is not their focus
- teachers are not so nice
- Need to paid study fee
- no guarantee offer for my 2nd daughter
- no support for yr kid if she have any study problem
- good academic result may be from their outside tutorial class instead of the school

Pros for SH
- guarantee offer for my 2nd daughter
- good in Chinese/Mandarin
- fee of charge
- no of students/class around 30
- teachers are more nice
- have support from the School if yr kid have ADHD or any other problem
- close relationship between parents and school

Cons for SH
- Half day study
- far from my home
- weak in Eng
- only 50% to SH Secondary School
- not enough space in the school

Any other comments

10#
發表於 11-7-6 10:12 |只看該作者
I don't think SH is weak in English, P1 use P2 textbooks for English.

11#
發表於 11-7-6 10:20 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 11-7-6 11:29 |只看該作者
Promotion to SHCC (Secondary) from SHCS should be 60-70%.

Also, correction of another member's comment: pm section is not using P2 books in P1, that is SH private section (am).  But they (SHCS) have different materials to accommodate students of different levels in few subjects.

I think you know the answer which school you should pick already.  You don't want to hurt your child's education simply because a school is more famous.  It seems to me she will need more care and attention which a gov't aided school can provide more resources to help.

All the best!

原帖由 Fat_Man 於 11-7-5 23:58 發表
Thanks for yr suggestions.

In fact, my elder daughter is studying in Kg3 in St Paul Kindergarten. She was put on the waiting list last year. She got an offer just in Mid of Jun this year. In fact, sh ...

13#
發表於 11-7-6 12:34 |只看該作者
Thanks to Iantsang for correcting, yes SH AM session uses P2 textbooks for P1; heard that PM section uses English textbooks from an Singaporean publisher.

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 11-7-6 12:47 |只看該作者
AM section uses Primary Longman Express,
PM section uses Primary Longman Elect.

原帖由 Bunnytown 於 11-7-6 12:34 發表
Thanks to Iantsang for correcting, yes SH AM session uses P2 textbooks for P1; heard that PM section uses English textbooks from an Singaporean publisher.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題