2#
發表於 11-11-21 12:40 |只看該作者
GH6年後唔洗煩多次。

3#
發表於 11-11-23 16:21 |只看該作者
但TSL小朋友開心口的哦。

4#
發表於 11-11-23 16:38 |只看該作者
開心d係開心d, 但係萬一到時校內成績係band 1尾band2 頭, 煩中學就唔開心啦.....
gh 中學進可攻, 退可守
原帖由 kenjo76 於 11-11-23 16:21 發表
但TSL小朋友開心口的哦。

5#
發表於 11-11-23 16:51 |只看該作者
My daughter is studying at GHPS now and she loves and enjoys the school life very much. Every child has his/her own characteristic and parents should help him/her to choose a school which suit his/her style. The advantage of GH is having the Secondary school section, so pupil can study at a stable and similar learning environment for 12 years. The GHPS princpal Sr. Lucia Leung said the school has 12 years to train up a Good Hoper not only widen her knowledge, but also moral, so there is no rush to push hard on pupil's academic. If the girl can get English, Chinese and Maths passed the examination, then she can promote to upper class, so it is not difficult to meet it albeit some parents may still pushy to keep their child in high academic standard.

6#
發表於 11-11-23 16:55 |只看該作者
Thanks for your comment

7#
發表於 11-11-23 16:58 |只看該作者
Dear Bon_Bon Pa Pa

My daugther is lucky to have received offer from GH and SFA.  She is quite active and outspoken, with good acadamic.   She is from a happy kindrgarten.  Many parents told me that GH has plenty homeworks , need to work til 11 pm.  is that true ?  How is the school life in primary ?

Many thanks indeed.

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 11-11-23 16:51 發表
My daughter is studying at GHPS now and she loves and enjoys the school life very much. Every child has his/her own characteristic and parents should help him/her to choose a school which suit his/her ...
Ewong

8#
發表於 11-11-23 17:21 |只看該作者
I will choose GH for sure. To be honest, I love TSL as well. But who knows what will happen in 6 years time. To me, I will not risk and give up GH for TSL....

9#
發表於 11-11-23 19:00 |只看該作者
If you daughter is good at academic, then no need to worry if study at GH. Usually, the homework is around 5 to 6 everyday. Relatively, it is not heavy compare with other schools that I got the information from other friends. Usually, the girls can finish majority of homework at school since the last session of school day is for activity / homework. P1 is honeymoon for GH girls since no ECA for P1 pupils so they are doing the homework at last session.

Start from P2, they have ECA at school and will occupy the last activity session so cannot do the homework. Hence, my girl finish her homework ~8 p.m. in some days, but not everyday. As they have regular dictation on Monday and Thursday, so it is busy to revise with her lately for some days before the dictation or mid-term assessment. After a quarter of P2 life, we seem adopt the change and resume to normal. You know the kids usaually have ECA after school nowaday, where my girl has ECA arrange on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur & Sat. Although it is quite busy for her, she enjoys it.

原帖由 Ewongmum 於 11-11-23 16:58 發表
Dear Bon_Bon Pa Pa

My daugther is lucky to have received offer from GH and SFA.  She is quite active and outspoken, with good acadamic.   She is from a happy kindrgarten.  Many parents told me that G ...

10#
發表於 11-11-23 21:29 |只看該作者
TSL of course! GH is so old fashioned.  TSL should be happier.

11#
發表於 11-11-23 21:42 |只看該作者
為將來,GH。

12#
發表於 11-11-23 21:43 |只看該作者
GH for sure.

13#
發表於 11-11-23 22:35 |只看該作者
Thank you for your info.  , some people also told me the teachers are very strict.  Many discouragement about their writing not beautiful.  students cannot go to toilet during lesson, really ??  or it is just bad words.  Please kindly advise.

I think , my daugther got in Good Hope really with God 's grace, as it is only little seats available. and many many smart girls , she is not the only one. I always wanted a Girl school for her.  

Thank you so much indeed. :)

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 11-11-23 19:00 發表
If you daughter is good at academic, then no need to worry if study at GH. Usually, the homework is around 5 to 6 everyday. Relatively, it is not heavy compare with other schools that I got the inform ...
Ewong

14#
發表於 11-11-23 23:50 |只看該作者
GH係某程度上是比較嚴,因學校很注重德育和紀律,有些父母起初不習慣包括我。校長說你想不想學校教好你的小朋友,我想所以我會配合,我都希望我囡囡不會成為「港孩」。老師的確有要求學生寫字靚,但沒有嚴厲的責罰,我也認同要寫字靚,因可以訓練小朋友專心和集中。唔同老師可能有不同處理方法,所以有可能有些老師會嚴些都唔奇。學校要求學生在小息時去廁所,不要在上堂時去,這是紀律,要遵守。我相信大部分小學也是這樣,我們那些年讀小學時不也是一樣嗎?老師識分別如她們是不舒服會容許她們去廁所的。

quote]原帖由 Ewongmum 於 11-11-23 22:35 發表
Thank you for your info.  , some people also told me the teachers are very strict.  Many discouragement about their writing not beautiful.  students cannot go to toilet during lesson, really ??  or it ... [/quote]

15#
發表於 11-11-24 06:42 |只看該作者
Thank you. what grade is your daugther now ?
Was your daugther from the GH kinder now ?

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 11-11-23 23:50 發表
GH係某程度上是比較嚴,因學校很注重德育和紀律,有些父母起初不習慣包括我。校長說你想不想學校教好你的小朋友,我想所以我會配合,我都希望我囡囡不會成為「港孩」。老師的確有要求學生寫字靚,但沒有嚴厲的責罰,我也認同要寫 ...
Ewong

16#
發表於 11-11-24 07:20 |只看該作者
where can I see the info. of the ECA ?  My daugther is good at eng. recitation.  any school team ?  We have not joined the choir.  but to be selected, they have to pre-trained singing ? many info. I want to know .

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 11-11-23 23:50 發表
GH係某程度上是比較嚴,因學校很注重德育和紀律,有些父母起初不習慣包括我。校長說你想不想學校教好你的小朋友,我想所以我會配合,我都希望我囡囡不會成為「港孩」。老師的確有要求學生寫字靚,但沒有嚴厲的責罰,我也認同要寫 ...
Ewong

17#
發表於 11-11-24 10:29 |只看該作者
My daughter is studying P2 now and not from GH Kindergarten, but St. Cat. There is no list of school ECA published, but I there is English recitation where Eng teacher will select pupil to join and train them up. If your daughter has pre-train on this, should have advantage, but ask your daughter to raise hand and be initiative if Eng teacher ask the class who has interest on the ECA. I know some pupils may be shy or hesitate to raise hand or voice out so miss the chance to join some popular ECA. This is another way to test whether the pupils are being initiative or really have interest on the ECA instead of send notice for parents to select the ECA for their girls.

18#
發表於 11-11-24 11:38 |只看該作者
Hi Bon Bon_Pa_Pa

Nice to meet you and thank you for your kind advise.  Your info. is so helpful to me as, I don't know anyone who is studying GH primary.   

Do they ask their interests ( ECA ) at the End of P1 or beginning of P2 ? ( so I know I can remind my girl.)    Do they have Painting (  Art) ?

In comparion , do you find GH's english standard is higher or Chinese standard is higher ? Do they teach 1 grade higher like other private school .

My girl is studying at K3 Creative Primary school kindergarten, a very happy school.  So I am kind of worry.  But her acadamic is very good, cos , we teach ourselves.   

Apprecaited your advise again :) Cheers

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 11-11-24 10:29 發表
My daughter is studying P2 now and not from GH Kindergarten, but St. Cat. There is no list of school ECA published, but I there is English recitation where Eng teacher will select pupil to join and tr ...
Ewong

19#
發表於 11-11-24 12:34 |只看該作者
It's my pleasure to share info with other parents since I received valuable info from BK parents two years before which really help me a lot.

Teachers will start to ask the class for ECA interest at the end of P1 around June. As I know, there is no painting ECA (other GH parents correct me if I am wrong).

Both English and Chinese subjects in GH are studied 1 grade higher than some primary schools (As I know many elite primary schools also study 1 grade higher). Maths has to learn both Chinese and English Maths, General Studies is English. These are 4 major subjects having the mid term assessment and examination. They have PTH, Music, RK, Visual Art, Computer(start from P2), P.E. subjects as well.

I think your girl is good at academic and should have no problem. My daughter enjoys the school life very much. She also back to school on every Saturday to attend Swimming class (it is open to public to join the swimming class). Indeed, the swimming pool of GH is quite good in facility and coach, and my daughter can manage to swim all four styles in P1.

原帖由 Ewongmum 於 11-11-24 11:38 發表
Hi Bon Bon_Pa_Pa

Nice to meet you and thank you for your kind advise.  Your info. is so helpful to me as, I don't know anyone who is studying GH primary.   

Do they ask their interests ( ECA ) at th ...

20#
發表於 11-11-24 12:59 |只看該作者
Many many thanks again.   Hearing some real info. and comments is a real relief for me.

Appreciated.
Ewong
‹ 上一主題|下一主題