教育王國 討論區 國際學校 German Swiss International School
發新帖
查看: 4907|回覆: 5
go

German Swiss International School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-2-9 03:38 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi everyone,

I am having an entrance assessment at GSIS this Saturday for entry into year 12. They have told me that no knowledge on specific subject will be tested. However, it will be testing my fields of interest and flunecy in English.

Can anyone kindly let me know what the assessment or test will be about generally. For instance, will it be like an essay question about the current global issues? Or will it be like an essay about my self?

And please also kindly advise me about how to prepare for this entrance assessment, if possible. Any comment would be truly appreciated. Thank you so much!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-2-9 04:56 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-2-9 04:57 編輯

Wear a Swiss watch this Saturday, it might help (only joking)

Wishing you luck {:1_1:}

3#
發表於 12-2-9 09:43 |只看該作者
My friend's daughter got into GSIS in 2009 and did an entrance test.  I was told that there were written tests, probably an essay type, together with an interview.  GSIS stresses very much on English fluency, both verbal and written.  Take it easy and relax!  I think there is not much you need to do now but to stay cool and calm for the assessment!  Good luck and all the best!

4#
發表於 12-2-9 11:34 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-2-9 11:36 編輯

Don't worry.  Just calm down and try your best.  You'll get in.  Being a member of the school's last batch of students doing A Levels is in itself quite special.     By the way, I thought you would be asked to do a maths paper as well. No?

5#
發表於 12-2-9 16:47 |只看該作者
Haha Thank you all of you! Your jokes have successfully made me feel calm and relaxed

Yes, I would love to be the school's last batch of students doing A-levels.   Actually, I have heard that IB is now more recognisable than A-level, but I still prefer A-level since it is more specific.

Oh yes, do I have to dress in a very formal way? You know, GSIS is a posh school. But definitely I cannot afford a Swiss watch I mean, do I have to wear a suit? Or can I wear jeans? Um... difficult task!!!

But I don't think I will need to do a maths paper, as they told me that no knowledge on specific subject will be tested... At least I hope not!!!

6#
發表於 12-2-9 18:14 |只看該作者
Good luck to you.  In case you wish to know more about how GSIS' admission system works, you may wish to note that even if you pass their threshold, whether you can truly be admitted also depends on the availability of seats for that particular year.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題