go

Victoria vs KCS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-3-5 15:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Can anyone help to compare Victoria Causway bay and KCS. Thanks
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-3-5 15:51 |只看該作者
They are very different schools and depends on what you look for in kindergarten education.

KCS can use school voucher but Victoria cannot.

KCS has larger class size than Victoria.

KCS is a more traditional school while Victoria CWB is on IB.

Victoria has NET teacher as class teacher which I think is a good environment to train up child's english ability.  KCS on the other hand provides good mandarin training.  Unless you choose Putonghua/English stream in Victoria, otherwise your choice should also depends on what language you would like your child to train up with.

3#
發表於 12-3-6 00:25 |只看該作者
Thanks for the sharing. I hope my son could be exposed to both good Putonghua and good English environment. I know the Putonghua level of KCS is good, but I am worried that the English class there is not sufficient. For Victoria, I have applied Putonghua/English class. Is it comparable to KSC?

4#
發表於 12-3-6 10:04 |只看該作者
回復 forbaby 的帖子

請問係收左未?

我會選Victoria, 因為其實普通話到小一都有得學, 小朋友好快好易學識. 尤其係考小一好少要用普通話, 未必需要幼稚園就要流利普通話. 英文嚮幼小階段似乎重要D.

5#
發表於 12-3-6 20:36 |只看該作者
Still waiting for the result of Victoria, and we have got the offer of KCS. My son was quite shy in the interview of Victoria, but he answered two questions of the Putonghua teacher, and followed the story and activity time quite well. I think his opportunity to Victoria might be low.

6#
發表於 12-3-7 10:55 |只看該作者
回復 forbaby 的帖子

Victoria PN or K1?  Victoria K1 admission already release result in Dec ....

7#
發表於 12-3-7 16:41 |只看該作者
I am talking about PN.

8#
發表於 12-3-7 17:09 |只看該作者
I moved my girl from VIC (ENG/PTH) to KCS.

Except the school of VIC is cleaner and the toys are in better conditions, I think KCS is better than VIC.  I am very satisfy to KCS, especially her English and PTH improved a lot!

9#
發表於 12-3-7 21:29 |只看該作者

回覆:Victoria vs KCS

Cwb Victoria 難入及維記英普very good!

10#
發表於 12-3-7 21:59 |只看該作者
NET teacher is shared among several classes and only have less than 1 hour for a class everyday in KCS, Victoria has a dedicated NET as class teacher, so in terms of English environment I think Victoria is better.  Its vice versa for PTH, so depends on your need.

11#
發表於 12-3-8 01:28 |只看該作者
I think depends on 樓主 which kinder you want to go later.  If for normal schools in HK, I choose KCS.  Firstly cheaper and with the money saved you could attend some Englis class such as phonics to improve a better English pronounciation.

12#
發表於 12-3-9 00:57 |只看該作者
Thanks all for your comments. Really appreciate. It seems people have very different views on these two schools. I am sure the English evironment in KCS should be worse than Victoria (especially CWB, which is the one that my son applied), but indeed as GIPW said, the money saved from KCS could be used for some extra English lessons. Although I don't have very clear view now, I intend to choose KCS. Of course, I don't know the result in Victoria yet. But if I got the offer Victorial as well, I will still have the headache to make the final decision. I really hope the boy could have both good Chinese and English.  Welcome more advice or discussions.

13#
發表於 12-3-9 01:00 |只看該作者
Hi, Lymchau, could you share to me why you transfer your daughter to KCS? Did you not like VIC (Which VIC)? For what reasons? Thanks.

14#
發表於 12-3-9 10:46 |只看該作者
Are we comparing KCS PN and Victoria PN? Depending on how risk adverse you are, another factor that you may want to consider is that there is no guarantee that KCS K1 will accept all students from KCS PN. On the other hand, all PN students in Victoria will be accepted for K1.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題