搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St Paul boys vs ESF
發新帖
查看: 2905|回覆: 9
go

St Paul boys vs ESF [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-5-12 21:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
小朋友在ESF讀Grade 1,St Paul boys已取錄讀小一,應該轉校嗎?

2    0    0    1

2#
發表於 12-5-12 23:58 |只看該作者

引用:小朋友在ESF讀Grade+1,St+Paul+boys已取錄

原帖由 hellomame 於 12-05-12 發表
小朋友在ESF讀Grade 1,St Paul boys已取錄讀小一,應該轉校嗎?
如果諗住中學讀都讀國際學校,最好小學都留在ESF,當然$不是考慮問題的話,因為國際學校的學位難求,又可以學到一口流利的地道英文,加上在國際學校讀書會輕鬆d,又開心d!
雖然st.paul好,但始終係"local school",會學到地道的港式英文,到中學想轉返ESF的話,一來未必有位,二來因英文程度可能有d距離,未必考到。需知道連外國人都未必有一個學位比佢地d仔女讀!
所以係我($不是問題),我會珍惜ESF的學位!
我有一位外國人同事,老婆是香港人,老婆想個女學好d中文,由國際小學轉local school, 到中一時想轉回國際中學,但冇位,因小學全部直上中學,所以唯有在waiting list 排隊,等咗兩年都仲未有位!
For your reference!

3#
發表於 12-5-13 00:06 |只看該作者

回覆:St Paul boys vs ESF

謝謝您的寶貴意見,雖然$不是問題,但品德培養是考慮因素。煩惱中....

4#
發表於 12-5-13 00:39 |只看該作者

引用:謝謝您的寶貴意見,雖然$不是問題,但品德

原帖由 hellomame 於 12-05-13 發表
謝謝您的寶貴意見,雖然$不是問題,但品德培養是考慮因素。煩惱中....

咁品德又係一個考慮因素嘅,我有朋友在一間國際中學學校做,以佢所講:學生去廁時,書包放在尿兜旁地下,如廁後拎書包就走,手都唔洗;有些男仔&女仔在校內有拖手,親熱,在學校門口外亦是,又吸煙,學校沒有阻止;女仔衣著性感等等,但呢d係佢地的文化,就算在外國當地亦是極之平常,只是我們香港人未必睇得慣,又或者大警小怪,小見多怪!咁就睇下你點睇!
St.Paul始終係local school , 會儉點d,但就會由p1-s6一共12年讀男校了!!

5#
發表於 12-5-13 06:53 |只看該作者
我覺得你的問題係IS vs Local school而吾糸個別學校的比較。

不過通常讀緊IS or ESF 較小考番local school,又要做portfolio又要interview,所以你反問自己當初點解報,應該搵到答案。

6#
發表於 12-5-14 15:40 |只看該作者
如果小朋友已經讀了一年ESF,習慣了比較輕鬆的學習生活, 再轉去 ST PAUL'S BOYS 可能會覺得很辛苦(尤其是中文科),甚至可能會抗拒返學. 你最好向小朋友解釋清楚及確定未來的路向.

7#
發表於 12-5-15 10:17 |只看該作者
my daughter was like your case a few years back.  At that time, she was studying at BHS and has an offered to study at SFA.  We picked SFA because we like discipline and studying more Mandarin.  SFA english also good ... may not be as good as speaking wise.. so she was outstanding in SFA with good speaking accent and others... she has gained lot of confident there.. then we move on to another school with secondary school. I guess what you are looking for... at the end.. these students (no mater in local or international schools) they eventually go to university.  I believe in well rounded education so I like my girl to train up more in other skills like mandarin, speeches and others.. which in ESF.. the teacher does not really care a lot.. they are too relax.  I guess I was not meant to be there in the first place.  

8#
發表於 12-5-17 08:51 |只看該作者

謝謝您們的意見和分享,小兒的中文程度應該可以應付,但要重新適應新環境又是另一個問題!

9#
發表於 12-5-17 09:05 |只看該作者

Greatmother:  I agree with you.  ESF seems too relax.  Did your daughter refuse to change to SFA? Did she face any difficulty on the new environment and local teaching style? She is studying in local or international secondary school now? Sorry for so many questions....

10#
發表於 12-5-18 10:20 |只看該作者
Hi hellomme,

My girl is in primary school that has a secondary school.  She did face difficulty in Chinese at SFA.  However, I helped her to explain to her chinese teacher for her background.  I was lucky that the teacher has changed another way to help her at school.  She regained her confident in Chinese and catch up her work and ranking at school.  

She was day dreamed all the time at school in SFA because it was a very very traditional school.  But she got use to it afterall.  I can see her results are getting better each time.  

I told her that mummy will not continue at BHS and she has no school left to go.. I like her to pick up more mandarin and to do more other activities there.. so she understands my purpose of changing school.  She likes SFA even after one month schooling there or one year.  I asked her to pick.. she likes SFA more than BHS.  She gains lot of confident at SFA because she can be the best in English.. On the other hand, she may not be the outstanding one at BHS as her English may not be the top.. so she can excel at SFA better.  

If you want to know more.. you can PM me your phone number.. I can give you a call to further discussion.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖