查看: 4233|回覆: 16
go

高中如何選科 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-9-15 04:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-9-15 14:25 編輯

A Rough Guide to Sensible Combinations

University Course               
Suggested subjects at IB Higher Level      or CareerMandatory combinations are underlined

Accountancy                          Maths and Economics.

Advertising                             Any of Economics, Geography, History, Art and Design Technology.

Actuarial Work                       Maths.

Administration, the Civil          Almost any combination but subjects include Latin, Greek, English, History,
Service, etc.                           Economics or Geography and a Foreign Language, or two Languages for EU work
                                              and some diplomatic work; but Sciences for scientific branch careers.

Agriculture, Agricultural           Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics, Geography.
Research, Land Surveyor

Architecture                            Maths and Physics with a portfolio of creative work.

Banking, Finance, Insurance    Economics, Maths, Physics; a language is also very useful.

Business Studies                     GCSE Maths is essential and IB Maths would be an advantage.  
                                                Languages strongly recommended.

Chartered Surveyor                Geography, Maths, Economics, History, Art and Design Technology.

Chemistry                               Chemistry, Maths, Physics or Biology.

Chemical Engineering              Chemistry, Maths and Physics

Classics, Archaeology,             Latin, Greek, English, History and Classical Civilisation.  A Modern Language.
Oriental Languages

Computer Science, Statistics,   Maths, Physics and a third science.
Numerical Analysis

Dentistry                                 Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths.

Design                                     Design Technology: plus Maths, Physics (engineering side).  Art if
                                                committed to a career in 'artistic' Design.

Engineering                              Physics, Maths. Design Technology, Economics and a language.

English, Drama, English and      English and a Foreign or Classical Language or Classical
Drama                                        Civilisation or History.

Fine Art                                     Art, English or any other combination.

Geography (art emphasis)        Geography, History, Economics, English, Languages, Art, one Science.

Geography (science emphasis)  Geography, Maths or Physics, Biology, Chemistry.

Geology                                    Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Biology.  At least two of these required.

History                                      History, Languages, English or Economics.  A Modern Language for Modern                           

History and a Classical Language for Ancient History.

History of Art                             Art, History, English; a modern and/or classical language.

Law                                           Any combination, though History, Maths, Latin, English, and/or
                                                 Economics are useful.  For Patent Law, add a Science.

Leisure Industry, Sports            Economics, Sports, Health and Exercise Science and another science.
Studies, Sports Science

Management Studies,                Maths and Economics.
Management Science

Materials Science, Metallurgy       Chemistry, Physics and Maths, Design Technology.

Maths, Maths with Physics,         Maths, Physics and a third science.
Theoretical Physics

Media and Communication         English, a language.
Studies

Medicine, Veterinary Science,      Chemistry and Biology or Physics. Medical schools like a non-science subject at Dentistry                                      
IB HL. Although some are mentioning a preference for Maths HL.

Modern Languages                     Modern Language in main area of study.  Second Modern Language very

helpful.

Music                                           Music HL or practical music skills (grade 8 on one or more instruments).

Natural Sciences                         Maths and two of Chemistry, Physics, Biology.

Pharmacology                             Chemistry, another Science

Philosophy.  No specific requirements but an arts-science mix is useful.

Physics, Applied Physics,             Physics, Maths, plus one other (Chemistry, Biology, Further Maths).
Mathematical Physics

Politics                                        No specific requirements.

Psychology                                No particular subjects required though the inclusion of a science
                                                  subject or Maths is advantageous.

Teaching                                    English, a Science, Maths, i.e. a 'core' subject if interested in primary school                                                                 

teaching.

Technologies involving                   Chemistry, Physics and either Maths (e.g. Plastics) or Biology (eg.
Chemistry (Plastics, Food etc.)       Food) or another subject.

Theology, Religious Studies             Preferably an Arts course including English or History or both.  
                                                      Latin and/or Greek are useful subjects too.

Town and Country Planning            Geography, Maths, Economics, Art, Design.

Sevenoaks School - Higher Education, Careers & Sixth Form Choices
http://www.sevenoaksschool.org/Websites/sevenoaks/Images/documents/admissions/careers2012.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

不斷有網友問中四選科及大學選科的關係,剛剛在網上找到此資料,我覺得好有用。由於好多家長想孩子放棄M1/M2,在香港可以,但在外地可能是自斷單臂,多加留意。

點評

hongkeikei  very useful, thank you!  發表於 12-9-16 03:12
   10    0    0    0
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 12-9-15 09:30 |只看該作者

3#
發表於 12-9-15 10:37 |只看該作者
Don't give up M1/M2 unless you are certain that you will not take Science, Engineering, Medicine or other science related subjects. If you are interested in Economics, don't drop M1/M2.

4#
發表於 12-9-15 11:01 |只看該作者
Shootastar 發表於 12-9-15 10:37
Don't give up M1/M2 unless you are certain that you will not take Science, Engineering, Medicine or  ...
就算我們怎樣說,大部分人未必聽得入耳。
所有世界級的大學,經濟系要極深及優秀的數學基礎,反而有否修經濟是次要,香港除外。

5#
發表於 12-9-15 11:58 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Shootastar 於 12-9-16 00:20 編輯

回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Yes, you can apply for and be admitted to "Economics" by Cambridge or LSE even if you do not take "Economics at A-level or IB level. However, you could not be admitted without an A or A* (A-level) or 7 (IB) on Maths Higher.

6#
發表於 12-9-15 23:20 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+ANChan59+於+12-9-15+14:25+編

原帖由 ANChan59 於 12-09-15 發表
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-9-15 14:25 編輯

A Rough Guide to Sensible Combinations
Thank you very much for your sharing.  It is a good guide.  I will pass the information to my daughter when she needs to choose her subject combination.
Honey917

7#
發表於 12-9-15 23:33 |只看該作者
回復 Honey917 的帖子

You are welcome.

8#
發表於 12-9-16 14:32 |只看該作者
thank you for your sharing

9#
發表於 12-9-16 19:58 |只看該作者
THANKS A LOT

10#
發表於 12-9-17 11:03 |只看該作者
多謝分享!

11#
發表於 12-9-17 11:37 |只看該作者
Thanks ANCHAN59, very very useful!~!!!

12#
發表於 12-9-17 12:17 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

谢谢分享!

13#
發表於 12-9-18 11:56 |只看該作者
Thank you very much for the reference file ... useful indeed!

14#
發表於 12-9-18 12:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

15#
發表於 12-9-18 12:40 |只看該作者
This is exactly ANChan 59 and Shootastar to point out - if you are interested in Economics, don't drop M1/M2.

16#
發表於 12-9-18 20:23 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

17#
發表於 12-9-18 20:57 |只看該作者
thanks for sharing.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題