搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 栛恩 vs 聖羅撒 (St Rose)
查看: 3633|回覆: 28
go

栛恩 vs 聖羅撒 (St Rose) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-1-19 00:22 |只看該作者

栛恩 vs 聖羅撒 (St Rose)

My daughter get the acceptance from both schoo.  Can any mom advise me how to choose??

2#
發表於 05-1-19 23:48 |只看該作者

Re: 栛恩 vs 聖羅撒 (St Rose)

I like 栛恩 very much. It is my dream school. The chance to get in 栛恩 primary school is higher than others.

3#
發表於 05-1-20 00:29 |只看該作者

栛恩
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/59wk/l.png[/img][/url][/img][img align=right][/img][img align=left][/img]

4#
發表於 05-1-20 00:44 |只看該作者

me too.
貓貓Sharon 寫道:
栛恩

5#
發表於 05-1-20 10:28 |只看該作者

既然兩間都無直上小學既優勢,而你又唔係呢兩間學校的old girl或住向同一校綱的話,我一定會揀協恩先law。

kae
該用戶已被刪除

6#
發表於 05-1-20 12:18 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 05-1-20 12:43 |只看該作者

Re:

咁係咪大圍人話揀個間你就比仔女讀個間啊!費話

8#
發表於 05-1-20 12:48 |只看該作者

Re: �恩 vs 聖羅撒 (St Rose)

dear all mom
don't reply to this 遊魂.  撩交嗌
[信念] 這東西是在您最脆弱的一刻能幫您堅持下去, 戰鬥到底.

9#
發表於 05-1-20 12:54 |只看該作者

我唔係撩交嗌!係想點醒你地

10#
發表於 05-1-20 16:36 |只看該作者

知道少少講俾你聽,你自己決定。

St Rose功課較深,好處是小一時無咁辛苦
St Rose 小一收生人數較多 (pls refer to their web-site)
讀協恩幼稚園唔一定入到協恩小學,都要跟政府派位
協恩程度好淺,升小一時要時間去catch up (K3都唔駛默書和考試)
讀協恩無乜壓力,功課好少,好多時都無功課,小朋友較多時間
St Rose 功課較多,升小一時比較易適應現時小學制度
協恩K3是下午班
Minniemouse:-P

11#
發表於 05-1-20 17:55 |只看該作者

St. Rose K3 都係下午班

12#
發表於 05-1-20 22:30 |只看該作者

Re: ?恩 vs 聖羅撒 (St Rose)

St Rose's secondary school is in Shatin.  Just heard that the secondary school is not as good as before.

My friend daughter studied in Heep Yan Kingergarden, and then primary and most of her classmate are studying in Heep Yan Secondary School this year!

Secondary School is a factor for me to choose their kindergarden/primary school.
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/59wk/l.png[/img][/url][/img][img align=right][/img][img align=left][/img]

13#
發表於 05-1-20 23:39 |只看該作者

Dear 貓 貓 Sharon

現在計分制度已改,沒有了校長的酌情分,以前比較容易直升小一

14#
發表於 05-1-21 12:32 |只看該作者

Hi All

Personaly, I think there are many factors you'll have to consider:-

1)  Location of the kindergarten - I'll choose one close to home to avoid the commuting time for a little girl, and even when she promoted to P1.  
2)  Religious - choose the same religious you have would probably be better for consistency.  Heep Yunn and St Rose are in 2 different religious.
3)  Linkage to primary school.  Both kindergarters have not guaranteed to their primary schools due to the primary schools are government subsidied.  All depends on your luck.  

Assuming if you are lucky enough to have placements again in both linked primary school.  Which secondary school you like most?  

Think about yourself.

My elder daughter was studied in Heep Yunn Kindergarten and now in Heep Yunn P1.  I don't know about the level of the primary schools but can share with you my feeling with the linkage from this kindergarten to primary in Heep Yunn.

Heep Yunn kindergarten.  I know it well.  The principal and the teachers are all very nice.  Small environment with 3 classrooms and a outdoor playground.  It can also share some facilities with the primary and secondary section when necessary.  So, you may feel the "big" school area also!!

Academic level.  Chinese lang is not a problem unless you think there is a must in Mardrain which it isn't provided there. English probably a weakness as it is not enough provided as I personally felt.  However, I just let my daughter to joina weekly native english speaker class, it seems still okay.  

Homework.  1 to 2 when she was at K2 and 2 to 3 when K3, sometimes may be as much as 4 types.  At least 1 chinese homework daily.  I feel reasonable for a 3-6 years only girls.  Otherwise, they won't have time to play in this age and even worse after they are groing up.  The kindergarten provides a happy and warm environment to the girls for growing up.  

I don't feel my elder daughter is weak at any specific school areas.  Therefore, I don't feel the level of the school is not to the average kindergartens outside.  The fact that the girls are only 3 to 6 when they are in kindergarten, don't push them too hard!!

Primary school.  quite different now compared to kindergarten as we all know the girls have to grow up.  Full day school, they have to learn how to manage themselves more.  Teachers and voluntary parents still help them a lot when necessary.  

Homework.  at least 3-4 daily average, sometimes as many as 7-8 including correction, if there is any to be done.  Chinese and English dictation average about once every 2 weeks.  There will be enough time to prepare for the dictation.  The school highly encourages students to read books in both Chinese and English.  

I'd say the academic level probably is not as difficult as other famous schools but it's still above average.  (I don't think I knew about English prepostion when I was at P1, poor kids now!!)   The teachers are now helping to build up a strong foundation on the languages in different aspects.  

I let my elder daugher joined 2 extra activities in school, trumpet and ceramic.  She enjoys both of them very much.  She has also taking extra weeking English and Maths courses.  So far, I find her is fine with her P1 school life and has no difficulty in the linkage between kindergarten and primary school.  I'm not sure if it is what many parents' mean on the easy academic in Heep Yunn in both kindergarten  and primary school.  However, I did hear from the kindergarten teacher said the academic level of the primary school is more tough after the new principal came as the teacher heard from the P2 parents.  I've also heard my daughter said some of her classmates don't perform well from time to time and some of their parents haven't coach to their daughters as well!!  So you can see the girls are coming from different backgrounds, good or not good is very subjective and family education is definitely a plus to the kids when they are growing up.  Personally, I don't want to be too pushing to my girls.  All I want is a balance on the academic and personal lifes. I want them to have a memoable childhood.

BTW, with the heavy homework loads and extra activities, I'll suggest the parents to choose a close to home primary school wheneve possible just to save time.

Sorry, I type a lengthy message.

Cheers, Obelia
該用戶已被刪除

15#
發表於 05-1-21 22:17 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

16#
發表於 05-1-22 13:25 |只看該作者

Re: 協恩 vs 聖羅撒 (St Rose)

But how about the primary schools being allocated for the kinder?  My friend tell me that the primary allocation for  協恩 seems better than 聖羅撒.  More student can get the seats from DGS and Marykoll.  Is it correct or just misleading?

17#
發表於 05-1-22 17:20 |只看該作者

I absolutely agreed with Obelia.  My daughter is also a P1 student at Heep Yunn Primary School now.  She was from the same kindergarten too.  She really enjoys her school life very much there.  I don't think that the students from Heep Yunn Kindergarten have any difficulties to catch up when they are promoted to P1. I heard from my daughter that most of the smart children in her class are from the same kindergarten.

Obelia 寫道:
Hi All

Personaly, I think there are many factors you'll have to consider:-

1)  Location of the kindergarten - I'll choose one close to home to avoid the commuting time for a little girl, and even when she promoted to P1.  
2)  Religious - choose the same religious you have would probably be better for consistency.  Heep Yunn and St Rose are in 2 different religious.
3)  Linkage to primary school.  Both kindergarters have not guaranteed to their primary schools due to the primary schools are government subsidied.  All depends on your luck.  

Assuming if you are lucky enough to have placements again in both linked primary school.  Which secondary school you like most?  

Think about yourself.

My elder daughter was studied in Heep Yunn Kindergarten and now in Heep Yunn P1.  I don't know about the level of the primary schools but can share with you my feeling with the linkage from this kindergarten to primary in Heep Yunn.

Heep Yunn kindergarten.  I know it well.  The principal and the teachers are all very nice.  Small environment with 3 classrooms and a outdoor playground.  It can also share some facilities with the primary and secondary section when necessary.  So, you may feel the "big" school area also!!

Academic level.  Chinese lang is not a problem unless you think there is a must in Mardrain which it isn't provided there. English probably a weakness as it is not enough provided as I personally felt.  However, I just let my daughter to joina weekly native english speaker class, it seems still okay.  

Homework.  1 to 2 when she was at K2 and 2 to 3 when K3, sometimes may be as much as 4 types.  At least 1 chinese homework daily.  I feel reasonable for a 3-6 years only girls.  Otherwise, they won't have time to play in this age and even worse after they are groing up.  The kindergarten provides a happy and warm environment to the girls for growing up.  

I don't feel my elder daughter is weak at any specific school areas.  Therefore, I don't feel the level of the school is not to the average kindergartens outside.  The fact that the girls are only 3 to 6 when they are in kindergarten, don't push them too hard!!

Primary school.  quite different now compared to kindergarten as we all know the girls have to grow up.  Full day school, they have to learn how to manage themselves more.  Teachers and voluntary parents still help them a lot when necessary.  

Homework.  at least 3-4 daily average, sometimes as many as 7-8 including correction, if there is any to be done.  Chinese and English dictation average about once every 2 weeks.  There will be enough time to prepare for the dictation.  The school highly encourages students to read books in both Chinese and English.  

I'd say the academic level probably is not as difficult as other famous schools but it's still above average.  (I don't think I knew about English prepostion when I was at P1, poor kids now!!)   The teachers are now helping to build up a strong foundation on the languages in different aspects.  

I let my elder daugher joined 2 extra activities in school, trumpet and ceramic.  She enjoys both of them very much.  She has also taking extra weeking English and Maths courses.  So far, I find her is fine with her P1 school life and has no difficulty in the linkage between kindergarten and primary school.  I'm not sure if it is what many parents' mean on the easy academic in Heep Yunn in both kindergarten  and primary school.  However, I did hear from the kindergarten teacher said the academic level of the primary school is more tough after the new principal came as the teacher heard from the P2 parents.  I've also heard my daughter said some of her classmates don't perform well from time to time and some of their parents haven't coach to their daughters as well!!  So you can see the girls are coming from different backgrounds, good or not good is very subjective and family education is definitely a plus to the kids when they are growing up.  Personally, I don't want to be too pushing to my girls.  All I want is a balance on the academic and personal lifes. I want them to have a memoable childhood.

BTW, with the heavy homework loads and extra activities, I'll suggest the parents to choose a close to home primary school wheneve possible just to save time.

Sorry, I type a lengthy message.

[/quote]

18#
發表於 05-1-22 22:06 |只看該作者

Dear Obelia and KayLee

Do you know the % of success case that the kinder  can enroll to P1 class of Heep Yunn last year?

19#
發表於 05-1-23 00:10 |只看該作者

Dear Minniemouse,

To my memory, the successful rate for the Heep Yunn Kindgarten students to get into the Heep Yunn Primary School was around one-third last year.  However, the admission to a government subsidized school is nothing to do with what kind of kindergarten it is under the existing primary allocation scheme.

20#
發表於 05-1-23 02:09 |只看該作者

請問兩間中/小是否女校?私/直資?
幼稚園兩間是否活動教學,意思是否不會填鴨式/學費?/多雜費?
但我見d媽咪話多功課,因要報k1攞定資料,好多問題唔好意思.Thank you
‹ 上一主題|下一主題