用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfield (Kowloon Tong) vs. ESF (Tsing Yi) vs. Montes ...
發新帖
查看: 3307|回覆: 14
go

Anfield (Kowloon Tong) vs. ESF (Tsing Yi) vs. Montessori (DB) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-6-7 00:49 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My 2.5 year old son has offer for all three schools (only) and i cannot decide which one to go. I love the Montessori one the most, but it does not have any primary school affiliation and we all know how important that is in Hong Kong.

We live in Tung Chung, so all three requires a bit of traveling. My son is very active and curious, so i am not sure if we should get him a school that is higher in discipline or higher in freedom...
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-6-13 23:25 |只看該作者
I guess it is difficult to compare all three schools since most ppl may not know all of them. In that case, may i ask, for an active (坐唔定) child, which kind of school do you think it is better for him? :

1) A well-disciplined but caring school (line up, sit well, listening carefully)
2) Exploratory based 'freedom' school (all kids play together, little rules)
3) A school that works on self-discipline (finish work at one's own timing)

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thank you!!

3#
發表於 13-6-13 23:41 |只看該作者

引用:I+guess+it+is+difficult+to+compare+all+t

原帖由 jolalee 於 13-06-13 發表
I guess it is difficult to compare all three schools since most ppl may not know all of them. In tha ...
My personal feeling would be C>B>A

4#
發表於 13-6-14 00:17 |只看該作者
That's my exact choice as well! thanks for your input. Can you explain your thoughts behind your preference?

5#
發表於 13-6-14 10:25 |只看該作者
If i were you, i would go to the one I loved most; no doubt.

ESF never promise primary places for kindy children; but 2013-14 K1 is the last year that still have the interview priorty for ESF primary Year 1.  Tsing Yi was so free and happy in my day.
Anfield primary is new; many parents would not consider as their first choice for Year 1. Anfield kindy did concern discipline and academic in my days.
DB Montessori - no experience but parents there feel good. Nice campus and good environment.

BTW, which primary you are plannig for your son after 2 year? Decision you make today does affet the route he goes.

6#
發表於 13-6-15 08:12 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 13-6-15 08:14 編輯

Thank you oooray for your feedback. I would love to go with the one i loved most as well, but the reality is, as you mentioned, our decision today affects the route my son goes in terms of primary school, so i have to be realistic.

DB Montessori is excellent, not just because of the environment; the quality of the teachers is exceptional and fellow parents are like-minded. If they have primary affiliation, i'd no doubt go with DMS.

ESF-TY is fun and free, but nothing to write home about academically, and i worry about the 'bullying' that goes on in that school (i'm afraid my boy will turn into one by modeling others; believe me, he has all the potentials...) However, ESF primary is such a good option, and as you said, 2013-14 K1 IS the final year with interview priority so it's hard to put down...

I was only struggling between those two and had somewhat devised a plan, but then suddenly i received acceptance letter for Anfield K1 (originally there was no space since i registered too late), which through my plans off the orbit. Anfield is basically a 'thorough school', as least until primary and they are constructing their upper grades at the moment. Given the comment on the street for this school is great, I am now struggling between the 3 schools!!! <sigh!>

7#
發表於 13-6-17 10:55 |只看該作者
Primary Affiliation was not crucial in my days (except ESF; interview priority is vital for Cat.2 non-sibling applicants).
Well-prepared parents and children should not be too worried about looking for a good primary school.
Good luck!

8#
發表於 13-6-17 22:16 |只看該作者
Will Anfield be too far away from you? My friend's kids are currently studying at Montessori in North Point, she said the school was good but no Chinese, not sure the one in DB. If I were you, I will go for ESF, given the transportation, though I like Anfield

9#
發表於 13-6-19 15:00 |只看該作者
I have offer for both Anfield & ESF Tsing Yi. We are sending my boy to Anfield K1 this year. Since we have sibling proirty for P1 interview, it is not necessary for me to send the little one to ESF kindy. I can not comment on the Montessori as I know nothing about that school.

Before you make your decision you may ask yourself a few questions:
1) which primary do you want your child to study?
if you consider ESF primary > and you are not in any of the priorty category, then ESF Tsing Yi will give you the priority to interview (for 2013-2014 k1 only).

Anfield is a through train school, you can still apply for ESF primary, or other international schools & even local schools then use Anfield primary as a back up plan.  

2)distance from home to school, are there any school bus? is it too far away for your child to travel?

3) whether you want your child to learn more?

When comparing both Tsing Yi & Anfield, I think the kids in both kindy can speak fluent English. My elder daugher went to ESF Tsing yi many years ago, but I notice my little one pick up quite a lot even in anfield's play group. Therefore we are confident & very happy to send my son to Anfield for K1.

10#
發表於 13-6-20 10:16 |只看該作者
Jolalee, hi can u pls kindly tell me which one is which one in your #2 post? 1) is Anfield? 2) is EFS? 3) is Montessori?

11#
發表於 13-6-22 22:15 |只看該作者
ingequ 發表於 13-6-20 10:16
Jolalee, hi can u pls kindly tell me which one is which one in your #2 post? 1) is Anfield? 2) is EF ...
Based on the information which i have collected, I think so

12#
發表於 13-6-26 22:06 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+jolalee+於+13-6-15+08:14+編

原帖由 jolalee 於 13-06-15 發表
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 13-6-15 08:14 編輯

Thank you oooray for your feedback. I would love to go w ...
Hi, may I know if you mean anfield kindergarten basically admits on a first come first server basis? I enrolled for its K1 place when my boy is 4 months old... Not sure if this is considered late or not as the competitions are so keen these days. My boy also wont be attending its 'first step' classes for 2 year olds as he us born in oct. so a bit disadvantaged...Grateful for your sharing, thanks!

13#
發表於 13-6-27 09:56 |只看該作者
pppwong 發表於 13-6-26 22:06
Hi, may I know if you mean anfield kindergarten basically admits on a first come first server basis? ...
So far as I understand, Anfield is on first come first serve base but priority will be accorded to their existing students such as Play Groups and Pre-K.  I did apply to KLT campus 2015 when my boy was 9-10 months and the school said my application was fine.  If you did your application to 2015 K1 when your boy was 4 months, it considers as pretty early.

14#
發表於 13-6-27 10:38 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:pppwong+發表於+13-6-26+22:06+Hi,+m

原帖由 fanfanbb 於 13-06-27 發表
So far as I understand, Anfield is on first come first serve base but priority will be accorded to t ...
Thank you for easing my worries! Hope it turns out fine. I'm already paying close attention to its playgroups which opens term-based...

15#
發表於 13-6-27 10:54 |只看該作者
pppwong 發表於 13-6-27 10:38
Thank you for easing my worries! Hope it turns out fine. I'm already paying close attention to its p ...
I recall the Kowloon Tong Campus receives PG application when the kid reaches one year old, and the PG starts at 1.5 years.  I am going to join their Summer Camp next month for six Sat mornings.  Will let you know more afterwards.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題