用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Wymondham second round offer sixth form 机会大嗎? ...
發新帖
查看: 1584|回覆: 12
go

Wymondham second round offer sixth form 机会大嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-2-5 16:37 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Wymondham has given the first round offer but my son is on waiting list only.  The school letter said that there will be second round offer and my son is likely to be accpeted.  Does any parent have experience on this?  Is there a high chance of offer?  or just saying...
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-2-7 07:50 |只看該作者

回覆:AApama 的帖子

The internal selection process for current Wymondham Year 11 students completed last month and deposit was paid.  I believe some places will be released very soon.

Hope good news reach your mailbox soon.

3#
發表於 14-2-7 12:41 |只看該作者
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

Tommy,
請問如想報2015年year7,現在開始申請會不會太遲?你當初是否自己直接send mail給學校?要往英國考入學試嗎?難入嗎?煩請指教,謝謝!

4#
發表於 14-2-7 16:17 |只看該作者
Thanks for the internal news, Tommy.  do you know how Wymondham is compared to Old Swinford Hospital school?
I know Wymondham is one of the largest boarding school.  will there be too many boarders for the school to take care?
Since my boy is still not energized, I hope school can provide some boundaries and "push up" to him so that he is not too "hei" and can exercise his potential.

5#
發表於 14-2-8 21:21 |只看該作者
hinhinmami 發表於 14-2-7 12:41
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

Tommy,
現在報2015年9月絕對唔遲,我都是自己直接申請無經代理人。學校每年十月都會派人來香港進行面試,如果無錯過截止報名日期,就無需要到英國面試。

至於難唔難入就好難講,學校最近兩年的公開試成績都幾好,多了很多人報呢間學校,但Year 7的學位應該鬆動好多,而且唔係好多香港人報Year 7,我諗唔會太難,即管報名先啦!

6#
發表於 14-2-8 21:34 |只看該作者
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

Tommy, 多謝你的答覆.請問這間學校boarding的學生中香港和國內生多嗎?學校的風氣如何?管教嚴嗎?

7#
發表於 14-2-8 23:23 |只看該作者
AApama 發表於 14-2-7 16:17
Thanks for the internal news, Tommy.  do you know how Wymondham is compared to Old Swinford Hospital ...
I believe Old Swinford Hospital School is a good school, however, I don't know much about it.  Without sufficient information, I dare not to do comparison.

In the main school of Wymondham, it is composed of 5 Houses and each of them accommodates around 80 students.  They are independently run so that every house is actually a small community with unique characters.

There are lot of choices of ECA in the school, but to be honest, the school will not force the students to take part in any of them.  As such, students have to be active and initiative in order to get the most from the boarding life.

Although the school is big and accommodates large number of boarders, pastoral care and student support are very good as long as you initiate to seek for help.  Whenever you make enquire, feedback is very fast and professional and many people will come up to help you.  However, if you keep silent, your personal needs may not be well covered.  The key is to be initiative.

That is what I perceived in the main school.  It may be different in the Sixth Form where students stay in a dedicated house specially designed for Sixth Form students.

8#
發表於 14-2-8 23:48 |只看該作者
hinhinmami 發表於 14-2-8 21:34
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

Tommy, 多謝你的答覆.請問這間學校boarding的學生中香港和國內生多嗎?學校的風氣如何? ...
全校計,香港學生比例佔5%以下;以寄宿生計,大約5-7%,視乎班級,高班港生比例稍多,低班就比較少。據我地所了解,宿生中沒有來自國內的學生。
根據我的孩子有限的匯報,學校唔會管得好嚴,但學生都很自律;學習氣氛良好,但學校唔會好pushy。

9#
發表於 14-2-9 17:05 |只看該作者
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

Tommy,再次多謝你的答覆.請問你當初為可會選這校呢?是不是朋友介紹?低年級的宿生,如Year 7-9, 多少人一間房呢?以你所知,這校在暑假會容許人去visit嗎?因我想帶阿仔去看看.如去visit,是否由London Heathrow搭車去?煩請指教,謝謝!

10#
發表於 14-2-9 20:13 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+Tommy+的帖子 Tommy,請問如想報2015

原帖由 hinhinmami 於 14-02-07 發表
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

Tommy,
Wym is not a selective grammar school so that there is no written entrance exam for applicants.  The performance of interview together with confidential report from HK school is the main selection criteria.

For junior forms, I think Wym looks for an all around, outgoing, peasant candidates and choosing candidates suitable for boarding life rather than choosing students only with very good academic performance without other exposure.

In order to show your kid's adeptness to boarding life, attending courses like Outward Bound beforehand can be a definitely advantage.

The int of Wym takes place with Housemaster for 15 mins followed by int with parents.  Common int questions include: why do you want to study abroad; do you have any experience of not living with parents; will you feel homesick if live in boarding house; what are yr hobbies.

Since Wym is a large boarding school, I think boarding life in Wym is not so boring comparing with many state boarding schools with boarding population less than 100.  My elder son feels extremely boring in his state school since his school only has about 60 boarding students.

As far as I know, there are 13 conditional offers from Oxbridge for Wym this year.  Up to last month, there is one Yr 8, two Yr 9 and one Yr 10 HK students admitted by Wym for 2014 entry.

11#
發表於 14-2-9 21:33 |只看該作者
hinhinmami 發表於 14-2-9 17:05
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

Tommy,再次多謝你的答覆.請問你當初為可會選這校呢?是不是朋友介紹?低年級的宿生,如Yea ...
當年我都好似您咁,黎呢度攞料。當時唔係好多人討論State Boarding School, Wymondham是較多人討論的一間。Wymondham家長給我的印象是低調務實,但他們對學校的評價非常正面,因此我便開始留意她。
後來再睇她的Ofsted Reports,她於所有評級都拿到Outstanding,以公立學校來說是非常難得的。再看她的成績,以一間non-selective school 來說,她算是全英國最top的non-selective state boarding school之一。就是這樣,Wymondham便成了我們的首選。

Year 9 四人一房,Year 10 二人一房,Year 11 一至二人一房,Year 7, 8 我唔太清楚,但大概四至六人罷!

校園在任何時間基本上是開放的,您可以於假期入去行下,但所有建築物就一定鎖上不能進入。如果您係非假期去參觀,就一定獲得熱情招待。

去學校有好多不同方法,可以係倫敦駕車、乘火車或巴士,又可以乘荷航經阿姆斯特丹到諾域治再轉車。如您真係去的話,可再聯絡我。

12#
發表於 14-2-10 08:42 |只看該作者
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

衷心感激Tommy and CPU1995的詳細資料,謝謝!

13#
發表於 14-2-10 10:11 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+Tommy+的帖子 衷心感激Tommy+and+CPU

原帖由 hinhinmami 於 14-02-10 發表
回覆 Tommy 的帖子

衷心感激Tommy and CPU1995的詳細資料,謝謝!
The interview is conducted with Headmaster of Wymondham instead of housemaster in a very relaxed manner.

點評

hinhinmami  Thanks! Will your younger son study in the same school as your elder son?  發表於 14-2-10 13:24
‹ 上一主題|下一主題