用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Non Christian kids studying in Christian school, ple ...
發新帖
查看: 853|回覆: 3
go

Non Christian kids studying in Christian school, please share! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-11 12:15 |只看該作者

Non Christian kids studying in Christian school, please share!

We are non-Christian, and my kid goes to a  Christian international kindergarten that talks about Bible stories everyday. My kid will come home with questions regarding the Bible and Christianity in general, like why only Jesus can stop the rain, or why one can not go to heaven if one does not have Jesus in the heart.

Could parents in the same situation share with me your experience.  Do you try to explain it in a more serious way, or just take it easy?  Do you explain to your kids about the existence of other religions, or it's going to confuse them more?

Many thanks!

2#
發表於 05-3-11 13:39 |只看該作者

Re: Non Christian kids studying in Christian school, please share!

I am surprised to know that non Christian parents can be so responsible unlike mine in more 30 years ago.

I myself became a Christian 15 years ago as I could remember while I was 25 and working for some time after college. I recalled the first Christianity learning seeded when I went to a Catholic primary school. Later, I went to Pui Ching which is a renown reglious eduction as well as science education provider. No one told me the conflicts. Many went aboard to MIT or similar ones for further if smart enough and parents could afford.  (However, it was not my case. I had to further my education in China to finish my 1st degree and in my own money the 2nd in US.)

Those parents who were found sensible and wiser I knew are Christian because they take seriously about children's education knowing the chidren are God' properties (the earthy parents just help to take good care of).

Do not mind which school they are going unless you have no interest in what your children are learning?
I hope you (unlike my parents who have no ideas what they are doing mostly) can take some time studying what your kid is asking. I do not believe you can easily accept Christianity in just one or two days. However, it would not be too late to know more about it.  Thank for your good ears.
Do not count your days down!

3#
發表於 05-3-11 15:27 |只看該作者

>> why only Jesus can stop the rain,

You can tell your kid that Jesus is great.
And you can also tell him there are other great personalities too. Because he is young, learning only one first, later he can learn more.

>> or why one can not go to heaven if one does not have Jesus in the heart.

Accept this statement as true, but it can be much more complicated than that, it is not so easy to understand it until one has looked into and compared all the world major religions.

But not all people have born nature attract to religion thing, may be one is already hard for him to digest already. ( confusing? boring?)

>> Do you try to explain it in a more serious way, or just take it easy?

Do you have another religion,
or have no religion at all ?

>> Do you explain to your kids about the existence of other religions, or it's going to confuse them more?

You have to tell the truth,
do not tell lie,
they will know eventually if they want to search for the answer. It is not telling him the truth do confusing him more. And you lose his trust on you too

Of course you have to remind your kid to respect all other people's faith.

4#
發表於 05-3-15 00:19 |只看該作者

Thanks for your input.

Vrindavan:
When it comes to religion, I don't have any preference.  I think your suggestion is great. I'll tell my kid that Jesus is great, and there are other great personalities too.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題