用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Tsung Tsin Primary School (Int'l section)
發新帖
查看: 7362|回覆: 14
go

Tsung Tsin Primary School (Int'l section) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-17 10:15 |只看該作者

Tsung Tsin Primary School (Int'l section)

Any kids study in the above school? Any comments on its cirrculum? What's the difference between "tradtional international school" to this school.  

2#
發表於 05-3-19 14:50 |只看該作者

Re: Tsung Tsin Primary School (Int'l section)

This topic has been posted here twice but so far no one reply.  As far as I know, it is only the second year that TT runs the international class in the coming September.  In the first year, there are only twelve students in the international class.  I guess may be none of these parents visit this website.  

My girl has been accepted.  It is very likely that she will study in the international class in the coming September.   We like this school because of several reasons.

1.        The sincerity and affability of the staff, especially the principal, Dr. Tam.  We have applied other renowned private schools before.  We really fed up by the attitude of their staff and the arrangement of the school.
2.        Small class teaching.  My girl is quite active and likes to talk and discuss with the teacher.  So I think the teacher can bear her annoyance better if there are fewer students in the class.
3.        Lots of after school activities.  Both of us are working and go home late.  If she will study in this school, we do not need to bother about arranging any extra-curricular activities in other places.   
4.        Bilingual teaching.  In the international class, all the subjects will be taught in English and Chinese in Mandarin.  Nowadays, I think both English and Mandarin are important.  I think studying in this school can lay a good language foundation for her.
5.        Not too much homework.  In the briefing session of Dr. Tam, she mentioned that the average time for finishing homework for P. 1 is around 30min.  This figure really impressed me and my hubby.

I hope, there will be other parents sharing their opinion.  For details about the school, please check it out in the following address.

TTPS

3#
發表於 05-3-27 18:24 |只看該作者

Thanks Chima,
Do you know any difference between the "traditional" international school and TTPS in terms of syllabus and the examination enrolment during P6, or F5, F7?  

4#
發表於 05-3-27 19:30 |只看該作者

what is their website ?

5#
發表於 05-3-29 15:29 |只看該作者

Chima,

My girl is also accepted to the Int'l class (K1) this September. We are in fact still considering the offer. Will you girl take the school bus? Can she still take the extra-curricular actiivities if she takes the school bus? Are you concerned that it's an PM session? (My girl has to take afternoon sleep) Will they be admitted to Primary school / Elemantary when they are 5 (like the other Int'l kinder)?

Sorry for the long list of questions.

6#
發表於 05-3-30 11:47 |只看該作者

What is Tsung Tsin Primary School in Chinese?

7#
發表於 05-4-3 23:55 |只看該作者

Dear xxl,

Sorry for the late reply because we were out of town in the Easter Holiday.  Yes, my girl will take the school bus.  In the briefing session by Dr. Tam, she mentioned that you could either choose to leave the school at around 3:30 pm or 4:30 pm.  Theoretically, if you choose one schedule, you have to stick to that in all day of the week, i.e. leave the school at the same time from Mon to Fri.  But there had been cases that could leave at 4:30 pm when they have activities and leave earlier at 3:30 pm on the day that they did not have any activities.  It is subject to the availability of extra seat in the earlier time slot.  To me, this school is more flexible and student-centre.  

I don't quite understand your meaning of 'PM session'.  I think all the primary classes have whole-day schedule, i.e. from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.  No time for nap in school.  It is OK for my girl because she stop taking nap after she has been in K.3.

Sorry that I just go over your question again and actually we are talking about different issues.  My girl is not studying in TTPS KG, so I don't know about the situation of direct admission from its KG.  As far as I know, the age for admission to P.1 of main stream and J.1 of internaional section are the same 5y8m to 7y.

The Chinese name of TTPS is   崇真小學暨幼稚園

The website is http://www.ttpskg.edu.hk

8#
發表於 05-4-7 18:41 |只看該作者

Dear Chima,

Thank you for your reply. I think your girl is going to study in P1 while my girl is going to join R1 (3 yr old). This probably causes the confusion. But it's nice to know that the school is flexible.

In fact the school is organising a kind of Open Day for the students-to-be in May. I'll probably join it to have a better idea and to discuss more with the teaching staff.

Hope your girl likes the school.

9#
發表於 05-4-23 02:25 |只看該作者

Dear Chima,

My daughter is studying in a traditional private school, and recently I found it seems not sutiable for her character. Actually she has a creative thinking and active, but this year P.2 I saw her drawing become worst and become a slience girl. Also the teaching system makes me crazy, so I consider to admission P.3 at TTS. But I worry my daughter cannot pass the interview of International class, because it is difference langauge which compare with the currently school. Can we try the normal class first or it's not a big issue of studying international class? Could you adv your comments?
:-)

10#
發表於 05-4-23 17:00 |只看該作者

Dear Fanny_Lee,

I'm sorry that I just have very limited information as my girl has not yet studied in the school.  But as far as I know, people often offer very good comments for both the main stream and the international classes.  When I applied the international class, the staff already told me that even if my girl could not pass the interview for international class, she would still be considered for a place in the main steam.  My feeling about this school is that they are not picking for the smartest student but they just want to offer them the most suitable curriculum.  I'm sure If you can show them your sincerity,  it should not be difficult to get a place there.

Chima

11#
發表於 05-4-23 19:00 |只看該作者

chima,
could u pls tell me how was the interview of int'l class conducted? what would be examined in the interview?
Jo

12#
發表於 05-4-24 09:30 |只看該作者

HI Chima,

Thanks for your information, it's really a good support for me. But one more point I'm concern, the school fee is difference from main steam and int'l class ($2,XXX and $4,XXX). Do you know any extra charges of int'l class?

Fanny
:-)

13#
發表於 05-4-24 11:25 |只看該作者

Dear Fanny_Lee,

I do not aware of any other extra charges for the international classes.  I think the much more expensive tuition fee is due to the much higher salary of the Native English Speaking teacher and the lower teacher to student ratio  (around 1:12-18).  If your child like to join some of the after school activities like Ballet, gynaestic...., of course it will cost extra.

For the interview details, here is my previous reply to another parent that you may find it helpful.  

"I think the interview is not difficult. But on the day of interview, my girl was in a bad shape. She was sick, tired and dull. She even did not answer my question after the interview.
According to her limited memory, she was asked to draw a picture about her family. Then she talked to a native speaking teacher, described the picture and answered some simple questions such as name, age.... Then she was asked to read some words. She told me that those were all about water, like bathing, swim, thirsty etc.
In the parents' briefing session, Dr. Tam has mentioned that interview was not for distinguishing smart kids, to her, all the kids were smart. She said that the most important thing was whether the parents were sincere and really wanted the place and not applied it as 'an insurance'."

Chima

14#
發表於 05-5-6 11:18 |只看該作者

Hi Chima,
Can you tell me the difference between TT International and the traditional international schools in terms of syllaubus? Why TT runs international section? When will be the enrolement date for P1 2006, is it the coming September?
Thanks,

15#
發表於 05-6-17 16:39 |只看該作者

Hi Chima,
You must be very busy in P1 preparation for your daughter. Do you know something about my questions as I raised up before.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖