2#
發表於 15-5-8 22:06 |只看該作者
優秀學校不會接收讀一年GCSE的學生,怕影響學校公開試成績,部份選科有校內coursework, 是第一年和第二年合計。

如此勉強,倒不如在港自修報考有提供海外考試的科目算了。

正確方向是按年齡班別,等待報form 6 ,考A level 或iB

3#
發表於 15-5-9 00:39 |只看該作者

回覆:1-year-GCSE的可讀性???

That's true, most of the top UK schools would not take in new students for Y11.

However I have previously heard an agent mention that there are some schools offering 1 year GCSE course, and a school that was mentioned was Queen Ethelburga (seems this school's league table ranking is quite high, but the school fees also very high).  You may wish to check it out.

In fact, after finishing F.4 in Hong Kong, some students may go directly to study Y12 in UK, as age-wise it fits (Y12 entry is sometimes also referred to as 16+ entry).  However some HK students will choose not to skip one year, and go to Y12 after finishing F.5 in HK.

However if you are planning to study Y12 and 13 in UK, and are ultimately aiming at the very top universities in UK, or the very competitive faculties such as medicine there, it will help if you have taken GCSE / IGCSE and have those results to go with your university applications (though not a definite must as I do know of a student being admitted by Oxbridge without having taken GCSE / IGCSE, but she is a top student in a top UK school).  One possible alternative is to self study and take GCSE / IGCSE in some subjects while studying F.5 in HK, or Y12 in UK.

4#
發表於 15-5-9 01:59 |只看該作者

回覆:tzr_0310 的帖子

現在好多學校因為想收多一點學生而開一年gcse 如果你aim 英國傳統名校 他們就不會開這種課,因為只是給國際學生讀,但是如果你想英文係alevel前進步,就選擇去讀一年課程,因為如果由香港直接過去,有時候我發覺學生對英國的答問題方式不適應,所以就算他們香港成績好好,到了英國可能會差,或者頭一兩個學期會比較辛苦去追
另外 因為英國會改成 alevel 只是在upper sixth 即是 form7 先考 取消as 考試,所以對大學來說gcse 是來斷定學生有沒有能力考取他們學生的minimum requirement 如果可以在gcse 考到成績,比只是香港校內成績來申請 會有優勢。
所以 看你和孩子想點樣去舖這條留學之路

5#
發表於 15-5-9 16:30 |只看該作者
回覆 annie40 的帖子

多謝你的寶貴意見,但2015年英國教育制度改革會有咩影響?

6#
發表於 15-5-9 16:31 |只看該作者
回覆 Hopefulmom 的帖子

Thank u very much!!!

7#
發表於 15-5-9 16:41 |只看該作者
回覆 anglo-chinese 的帖子

首先多謝你的建議!我囝囝成績麻麻(雖然讀緊band1英中),我原想比佢去英國讀完a-level后通過non-jupas回港讀大學,所以我的諗法同你差唔多,想比佢早一年過去適應,但我哋對1-year-GCSE完全冇認識,宜家又唔知呢條路是否可行

8#
發表於 15-5-9 18:44 |只看該作者
回覆 annie40 的帖子

想請教在港自修,可以釆用咩方法自修成功率高D?如何自修?

9#
發表於 15-5-9 19:10 |只看該作者
回覆 Hopefulmom 的帖子

Thx for your comment.I would like to know that if I take 1 year GCSE,will it affect me continuously study A level?

10#
發表於 15-5-10 14:00 |只看該作者
沒有甚麼成功率,話有是騙人。

普遍是香港主流學校學生,首選科是phy, chem bio, Maths, 如果英文一般,就選Eng 2nd language, 再加一科中文1st language,如果數學好,多讀一科A math, 加多科Geography,已經有八科,算是好好睇睇了。

部份科目,如果信心有限,可以去中環的補習社照肺,他們勝在notes 多,passpaper 熟,當然收費是貴到離譜,因此上幾堂攞料后,自己多做passpaper便是。

如anglo chinese 所言,往英國一年讀GCSE亦可,作為適應期亦可。

11#
發表於 15-5-11 15:54 |只看該作者

回覆:tzr_0310 的帖子

我自己有2個學生也是讀了1年gcse 如果你看他們現在會安全考到英國的大學 這樣都值得
有幾間的一年gcse 我推薦
例如wycliffe college, box hill, royal school 等都起碼加班超過4年 所以有經驗

12#
發表於 15-5-14 13:51 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 15-5-14 23:45 |只看該作者
回覆 tzr_0310 的帖子

I personally don't know students who have taken 1-year GCSE so am not able to say if their chances of going on to study A-Level will be prejudiced or not.  However I would guess not.  If your kid wants to go on to study A-Level after 1-year GCSE, I would think there are 2 avenues -- either he stays in the same school where he studied 1-year GCSE or he changes school.  In the former case then his studying A-Level should not be prejudiced -- provided he meets the internal requirements of the school, the school should be happy to let him continue.  In the latter case, under most cases, he would have to take the entrance exams of his target schools, and most schools mainly accept students basing on the students' performance in the entrance exams (though some will further add conditions of acceptance regarding GCSE final grades), whether the students study 1-year or 2-year GCSE or even not take GCSE is not the major issue.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題