請問BHS 家長對學校的評價....... 校風, 老師,學術, 課後、活動方面......謝謝
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-2-23 14:18 |只看該作者

回覆:123sam 的帖子

What you want to know ?

3#
發表於 16-2-23 21:37 |只看該作者
My son got an offer for coming year.Do u mind to share is BHS very loose on behavior? Is the academic foundation like writing, phonic, maths those basic skills are not the main/ focus subjects?
Sorry that I might have a lot of silly questions, but really hope you can share your experience. Really appreciated your advice. Thanks

4#
發表於 16-2-24 09:05 |只看該作者

引用:My+son+got+an+offer+for+coming+year.Do+u

原帖由 123sam 於 16-02-23 發表
My son got an offer for coming year.Do u mind to share is BHS very loose on behavior? Is the academi ...
咁其實你報名時你對學校主要有咩期望?

5#
發表於 16-2-24 09:56 |只看該作者

回覆:請問BHS的家長

Are you looking for more structured learning if yes CAIS might be more suitable for you. Yes ESF style some people will consider it as " nothing to learn" especially in the early years. I heard many local mindset parents complaining there is nothing to learn in the school ( not just ESF, also include other IS), I even saw a post here long time ago complaining the school fee was so expensive and yet not much "teaching" in the school so he had to spend more money on tutuition and hence he wanted to switch back to local school.

6#
發表於 16-2-24 22:20 |只看該作者
Thanks for your advise.

Just curious, if most IS are “ not really teaching” in the early years, how can the students manage at their upper level? I can understand English can be learn in different ways, but Maths will need a good foundation, right?

Will u consider CAIS culture/ teaching method more like in between IS and LS?

Thanks again and pls share your thought!

7#
發表於 16-2-24 23:50 |只看該作者

引用:Thanks+for+your+advise.Just+curious,+if+

原帖由 123sam 於 16-02-24 發表
Thanks for your advise.

Just curious, if most IS are “ not really teaching” in the early years, h ...
BHS is running IB PYP programme. UOI are the core of learning throughout 6 years. Take a look at ibo website for details. Hundred thoudand words are not enough to tell you the details. Of course, parents and students can be very relax and doing nothing throughout 6 years but i guarantee they will be suffering in middle school.
I would say many children are eager to learn and the school provide a good environment for children to take challenge in different aspects. My children are working very hard to learn but lucky enough that we dont need to do 10+ homeworks and test/exam preparation every night which most of them are useless. Instead, we have enough to develop our reading habit and different kind of hobbies, doing extra research to fulfill their curiosity in different UOI, prepare show.and tell or presentations to share in the class, and more..

8#
發表於 16-2-25 12:25 |只看該作者
回覆 oooray 的帖子

Thanks for sharing.
Do u mind to share how do u build your children academic foundation?

9#
發表於 16-2-25 12:38 |只看該作者
回覆 123sam 的帖子

my daughter is starting K2 now and I just found out she can read a whole sentence without helping this month... I read with her every night and she started to read with with me in these 2months  . Her school started to teach her phonic just a few months before and now she can pronounce simple words...   kids pick up fast and all you need is to guide her to carry out her interest and she can learn alot from there.  

10#
發表於 16-2-25 13:01 |只看該作者

BHS 係 IB PYP school ,點會 nothing to learn ?

11#
發表於 16-2-25 13:49 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+oooray+的帖子 Thanks+for+sharing.+

原帖由 123sam 於 16-02-25 發表
回覆 oooray 的帖子

Thanks for sharing.
Every parent has their own way and mine may not be workable to others. I would suggest no need to be nervous in acadamic in Year 1 or 2. Just follow what the school is doing, getting involve in school activities will help u understand the learning mode. Avoid doing any extra tasks that may offset the learning efficiency at school. Try to develop own hobbies.
Reading skill is definitely important and  it is good to build up good reading habbit at early stage if u do want to be an academic high flyer in the later stage.

12#
發表於 16-2-25 18:19 |只看該作者
BHS is a small, but good and caring school.  

Almost all teachers know each and every kids well.  Bonding between the children is quite strong as there are only 90 children in each year form.  Discipline is never loose in BHS as teachers take it very seriously.  No homework for lower forms except daily reading.  You will be amazed and astonished when you receive the work done by your child from school.  They keep learning and doing a lot in school indeed.

It's a lovely school for my girl and my family :D

13#
發表於 16-2-25 21:04 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot and I feel much much better now.

14#
發表於 16-2-26 18:01 |只看該作者

回覆:請問BHS的家長

I think you could get many many information from the BHS web. That's not a typical answer to check it from their web. All are the solid information which is happened in the school and different form.
Most of the information are open to public
For example the newsletter which is one from principal and one is different form

Actually the communication channel are multi way and welcome everyone to reach it.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題