教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Pls help regarding to P1 central allocation
發新帖
查看: 1405|回覆: 12
go

Pls help regarding to P1 central allocation [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-8-5 15:04 |只看該作者

Pls help regarding to P1 central allocation

My daughter will join the P1 06-07 central allocation this year.  I will apply some schools for back up like others.  I want to know :

1)  If I had reserved a seat in private schools I could still have the right/chance to join the 2nd round allocation? (eg Good Hope, Allliance......)

2)  If I had reserved a seat in subsidy school
(eg  陳守仁, 培僑...I could not join the 2nd round allocation??

If the above were true:
That means if we don't have to apply subsidy schools in the coming Sept. (we can't confirm the seat even they accept our kids cos we will lose the chance for 2nd round allocation?)
We only have to apply private schools for back up.
Is it right??

Anybody can help?

2#
發表於 05-8-5 16:13 |只看該作者

Re: Pls help regarding to P1 central allocation

Hi Winnieng,

1) If I had reserved a seat in private schools I could still have the right/chance to join the 2nd round allocation? (eg Good Hope, Allliance......)
=> 2nd round = Central Allocation
Yes.  But Good Hope will ask you to surrender your P1 registration form to them.  If you do this, you will have no right in the government or subsized school.

2) If I had reserved a seat in subsidy school
(eg 陳守仁, 培僑...I could not join the 2nd round allocation??
=>  陳守仁, 培僑 is DSS (Direct Subsidy School).  If they accept you and you go to register, you cannot participate the 2nd round.  They will ask you to sign an Undertaking and it will send to EMB.

That means if we don't have to apply subsidy schools in the coming Sept. (we can't confirm the seat even they accept our kids cos we will lose the chance for 2nd round allocation?)
=>  YES.  The result of 2nd round will only released by June the next year.

3#
發表於 05-8-5 17:15 |只看該作者

ICHUN,
THKS A LOT.  You mean ---- Not all the private schools allow the students to join the central allocation once they get accept.  

4#
發表於 05-8-5 17:18 |只看該作者

delete

5#
發表於 05-8-5 17:23 |只看該作者

Hi Wnnieng,

If you only regard DSS and private primary schools as backup to central allocation, you may wish your kid to be put on waiting list* after interview by those schools rather than accept/reject right away   

* Even being put on waiting list, some private primary schools (to name only a few, such as APS, Good Hope etc. ) admit quite a number of students after the central allocation result has been announced, some may even admit students when class commenced in September. I think those who got seats finally from La Salle, MCS, DGJS or DBSPD etc. will give up seats originally reserved for them in those private schools.

6#
發表於 05-8-5 18:44 |只看該作者

Mission, I don't know because my dream school is MCS.  I have 20 marks and net 41.  I really want to try my luck.  God Bless.
:  :

7#
發表於 05-8-5 21:16 |只看該作者

Hi Wnnieng,

If you have already made up your mind for MCS, just choose it in both stages (1st & 2nd round).  "Touch wood" - go to "knock down".  

But you have to get ready for your daughter.  So get more information for MCS in order to well prepare.

8#
發表於 05-8-8 18:43 |只看該作者

Thks Ichun.
Anyway, I will apply some private schools for back up.   If my daughter was so... lucky to accept by DGS, I would give up MCS.  

9#
發表於 05-8-8 23:44 |只看該作者

Hi Wnnieng,

There is no conflict when you are considering both.  DGS is private school.  MCS is subsized school under Lucky Draw.

10#
發表於 05-8-9 03:10 |只看該作者

Wnnieng 寫道:
Anyway, I will apply some private schools for back up.   If my daughter was so... lucky to accept by DGS, I would give up MCS.  

If I were you I will make the same decision too, as I believe DGJS is the best school for girl (regardless of $$$), and MCS is a close second.  

11#
發表於 05-8-9 10:16 |只看該作者

ICHUN,
I think DGS is a 直資.  Is it really a private school?

ICHUN 寫道:
Hi Wnnieng,

There is no conflict when you are considering both.  DGS is private school.  MCS is subsized school under Lucky Draw.

12#
發表於 05-8-9 13:56 |只看該作者

Hi Wnnieng,

DGS, are you mean the Secondary school, which will become 直資(as far as I know).  But DGJS, the Primary School is private school which is quite uneasy to enter unless both of the parent are professional like doctor as the school seems quite concern on the family background.  

I would suggest you to apply some private schools for back up if MCS is your target, and you have to give up the 2nd round of central allocation if DSS schools is accepted.  

13#
發表於 05-8-9 17:51 |只看該作者

Hi hot1234,
Thks for yr advice.  I know DGJS is very differcult to get in but will try.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題