教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 優才小學小一入學前是否有適應班?
查看: 3748|回覆: 56
go

優才小學小一入學前是否有適應班? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-5-4 16:33 |只看該作者

優才小學小一入學前是否有適應班?

優才小學現任家長:
我的小朋友將於2006年9月入讀優才小學, 不知道之前幾年, 優才是否會在七, 八月份安排小一適應班? 詳情如何? 我曾打電話到學校問過, 說尚未知道, 所以在這裡向各位請教, 另外, 還有甚麼是可以現在開始準備的呢?
謝謝
Farm

2#
發表於 06-5-9 03:04 |只看該作者

Re: 優才小學小一入學前是否有適應班?

It didn't happen two years ago. My son study P2 in GT school now. If I am not wrong, they may ask you and your kid back to school on one of Saturday in August as school orientation.  It should not be more than that.

In fact, GT school is kind of less stressful school. Just relax. It should be easy in the first two years. I am not sure in P3. I will let you know after September.

For this summer, I would suggest to let your kid have fun summer holiday. YMCA day camp would be one of good choice.  My son loves it very much.

3#
發表於 06-5-10 12:01 |只看該作者

Hi Chun Hei

Can you tell me more about P1 life in GT.  My son will be studying in TKO campus.

On the other hand, can you also tell me more about YMCA day camp?  Shall I book it now?

Thanks for sharing
Farm

4#
發表於 06-5-10 12:28 |只看該作者

Farm,

不用擔心,在優才讀書的小朋友會很快適應,九月開學初期,學校都會有特別安排(例如半天上學),讓新同學和剛放完假的同學較容易投入學校生活。
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)

5#
發表於 06-5-10 15:45 |只看該作者

你地好呀, 我都想幫我仔仔遲d 報這間學校, 人地話係好難入, 你地覺得呢? 好否比d心得我呀, thx.

6#
發表於 06-5-10 23:23 |只看該作者

Hi Farm,

Please try this site for YMCA day camp information.

http://www2.ymcahk.org.hk/camping/index/index_summer%20home.htm

For GT P1 school life, few words to say - Fun, Friendly, Happy and Relax.

Hi midcochow,

I don't know how to answer your question. I think I would say it is easy. My son doesn't have any bright talent. We just applied and the school just accepted our application.  Not sure how to interpret it is easy or not.

7#
發表於 06-5-11 08:57 |只看該作者

chunhei,

你好!仲記唔得我呀?我個仔今年入左優才,讀緊G7班。
我非常認同你所講既Fun, Friendly, Happy and Relax,
雖然我個仔係屬於中學部,但佢依家既學校生活,真係可以用以上4個字來形容。我特別欣賞優才既老師,我所接觸的全部都好有愛心,又關心學生,間學校比我既感覺就係一個大家庭。

8#
發表於 06-5-11 12:40 |只看該作者

Hi chunhei, dabbycheung,

我小朋友將會在今年九月入讀GT小一, 我都希望我小朋友的校園生活是你們所說的的Fun, Friendly, Happy, Relex.

但我都有d擔心佢地d程度如果和其他小學來說會否太淺

sonma

9#
發表於 06-5-11 13:17 |只看該作者

sonma,

你唔洗擔心程度太淺呢個問題。優才雖然係強調愉快學習,讀書又無壓力,但佢地對學生各方面,都有一定既要求。
就以我地G7學生為例,學校最近幫班學生報考左劍橋公開試,並且要求佢地考(F.3-F.4程度果份卷),結果係全級有3X%學生合格,成績令人滿意。其餘不合格的學生,則要考程度低一級的那份卷(F.1-F.2程度)。所以優才比起其他學校的程度不會太淺。

10#
發表於 06-5-11 13:30 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 06-5-11 13:31 |只看該作者

我有以下問題,希望請GT家長幫忙解答, 謝謝!

1. 請問GT小一是否以英文為主要教學語言, 普通話教中文?

2. 一星期有多少時間用英文和普通話? 那些科目用英文和普通話?

3. 英文和普通話程度如何呢? GT小孩能否說流利英文和普通話?

4. GT是否注重培養小孩閱讀能力呢? 請舉例.

12#
發表於 06-5-12 00:48 |只看該作者

sonma 寫道:
Hi chunhei, dabbycheung,

但我都有d擔心佢地d程度如果和其他小學來說會否太淺

sonma

I think it would depend on what kind of school you would like to compare. If you compare with the top school with many exams and many tests a year. I think GT school is no up to that standard. If you are looking for this kind of school, GT is not your choice as well.You are better looking for other school now.
If you compare to general school standard, he is quite OK in my observation.

In fact, some teachers told me it will be tough in P3 because P1 and P2 are planned for transition period. Let see next year.   Don't forget it is life long learning ! They have long way to go.  Keep their learning motivation and creativity should be higher priority in this stage.

13#
發表於 06-5-12 01:29 |只看該作者

ChunMaMa 寫道:
我有以下問題,希望請GT家長幫忙解答, 謝謝!

CH : GT is not english primary school. Only english class are in english. 中文 in 普通話 after P2 onward. There are 7 ~ 8 english lessons a week and 6 中文lesson sa week. If you are looking for English primary school, GT is not your choice.

CH : How to measure the standard ? It is hard to say but I do find a lot of University graduates in HK don't speak fluent english (including myself). I think in Western and Beijing standard, they can't speak 流利英文和普通話. However, I do find one of my son's kindergarten classmate speak fluent english. He is studying in international school now. You can consider if you would like your son speak
流利英文.

4. GT是否注重培養小孩閱讀能力呢? 請舉例.
CH : I think so. They do have reading lesson once a week. They have reading week and reading competiion to encourage students reading but my son is not the top one.  I think it depends on parents behaviour as well. If the parents reading books all the time, they will do it as well. If the parent watching TV often, they will be more happy on watching TV with you. We are in that case. School should only be part of motivation factor.

14#
發表於 06-5-12 11:39 |只看該作者

Hi chunhei,

多謝你的寶貴意見!

以我來看, 程度深與否和多測驗,功課是兩回事. 多測驗和功課只會另小朋友得到指定的範圍內的知識.  無論什麼類型的學校(傳統或活動). 如果能夠訓練到小朋友可以主動和喜歡吸收不同類型的知識(當然父母都有責任), 而且能夠對學習有濃厚的興趣而不是用威逼利誘的方法來使佢學習, 這樣的學生必定比其他的所學更多, 因為小朋友會不斷發問問題和找尋答案. 而程度自然深.

我選擇GT其中一樣的原因是希望我的小朋友在初小時不需浪費一些時間在抄寫或重複的工作上, 而我亦不想因為考試成績的分數而煩惱, 我只會將多出來的時間給我小朋友學一些課外知識而不是為校內的分數而去補習而已.  

我希望我並沒有選擇錯啦!

15#
發表於 06-5-12 13:51 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot! chunhei

1. GT secondary school is using English as medium of instruction, so I thought GT is using English mainly in primary school too. And GT emphasizes their English standard is very high in the primary school briefing session. I know it is better to study at international school but it is expensive and no putonghua.

2. Reading lesson, reading competition and reading week are provided in most school. Does GT has anything special to make kids love reading? I know parents' behavior is important but school and parents need to work together to get better results.

chunhei 寫道:
[quote]
ChunMaMa 寫道:
我有以下問題,希望請GT家長幫忙解答, 謝謝!

CH : GT is not english primary school. Only english class are in english. 中文 in 普通話 after P2 onward. There are 7 ~ 8 english lessons a week and 6 中文lesson sa week. If you are looking for English primary school, GT is not your choice.

CH : How to measure the standard ? It is hard to say but I do find a lot of University graduates in HK don't speak fluent english (including myself). I think in Western and Beijing standard, they can't speak 流利英文和普通話. However, I do find one of my son's kindergarten classmate speak fluent english. He is studying in international school now. You can consider if you would like your son speak
流利英文.

4. GT是否注重培養小孩閱讀能力呢? 請舉例.
CH : I think so. They do have reading lesson once a week. They have reading week and reading competiion to encourage students reading but my son is not the top one.  I think it depends on parents behaviour as well. If the parents reading books all the time, they will do it as well. If the parent watching TV often, they will be more happy on watching TV with you. We are in that case. School should only be part of motivation factor.
[/quote]

16#
發表於 06-5-12 14:08 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 06-5-12 14:11 |只看該作者

18#
發表於 06-5-12 14:12 |只看該作者

Hi Gitmee
很多謝您的資料, 亦令我稍為放心.  
我打算在小兒開學第一個星期向公司請假, 以便陪小兒一同上學和接他放學 (雖然我打算讓他乘校巴), 順便認識一下學校和家長, 您認為是否有此需要呢?
謝謝.
Farm

19#
發表於 06-5-12 14:23 |只看該作者

Hi Chunhei
很多謝您的資料, 我上YMCA的website看過, 6月2日有個kick off night介紹, 我已報名了.
希望個仔上到小一, 我老公, 個仔, 和我自己都可以做到relax, 和感受到老師嬸嬸的friendly, 繼而有fun, happy.  我個仔現在是讀幼兒園, 是真正開開心心上學去的學校, 校長, 老師, 嬸嬸都好好, 同學仔的家長也very nice, 小朋友個個都好cute好friendly, 如果阿仔入到GT, 就好像回到幼兒園一樣, 他一定很快適應到, 至於我和我老公, 以後要經常提醒自己relax, 否則個仔感受到大壓力, 怕了上小一就閉了.  
Farm

20#
發表於 06-5-12 22:22 |只看該作者

Farm 寫道:
Hi Chunhei
很多謝您的資料, 我上YMCA的website看過, 6月2日有個kick off night介紹, 我已報名了.
Farm

You can go to YMCA 油麻地 as well.  They have day camp provided. You can find more information below.
http://www.ymca.org.hk/big5/index.php?c=84&news_id=981
‹ 上一主題|下一主題