用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 讀IS後,將來係咪好難再入讀香港D大學,一定要送去外國 ...
發新帖
查看: 1341|回覆: 6
go

讀IS後,將來係咪好難再入讀香港D大學,一定要送去外國讀呢? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-6-9 17:16 |只看該作者

讀IS後,將來係咪好難再入讀香港D大學,一定要送去外國讀呢?

如題。

2#
發表於 06-6-9 17:29 |只看該作者

Re: 讀IS後,將來係咪好難再入讀香港D大學,一定要送去外國讀呢?

YYB,

I don't think going to IS or local school would have anything to do with where the child will go to college in the future.  There are foreign students who attend universities in HK while there are local schools students who move on to overseas colleges.

IMHO, choosing IS would mean choosing a different education approach rather than where you would like to prepare your child for college.

3#
發表於 06-6-9 17:32 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 06-6-9 21:19 |只看該作者

courtbas 寫道:
YYB,

I don't think going to IS or local school would have anything to do with where the child will go to college in the future.  There are foreign students who attend universities in HK while there are local schools students who move on to overseas colleges.

IMHO, choosing IS would mean choosing a different education approach rather than where you would like to prepare your child for college.

Somehow I still think that one has to consider his kid's future path before making decision. The curriculum of IS is not sufficient to prepare your kid for the competition of local univerisities. I believe that getting a university place may be easy but getting a good university place may be difficult. At the end of the day, except small number, one still have to get through A-Level exam which is a lot more difficult for IS students.

5#
發表於 06-6-9 22:41 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 06-6-9 23:24 |只看該作者

The local A level exam is not the only public examination the local universities recognize nowadays. Take HKU for example, they accept all international public examination including GCSE, IB, which are the exams that local IS students might take.  

I personally believe going to IS are just as compeitive as the local school when it comes to the child's future path.  It's the education approach one must consider and whether they could accept.  Going to IS doesn't mean you have to send your child overseas.  If you walk around HKU's campus, there are quite a number of foreign students.  And I consider HKU one of the most, if not the most, compeitive university in HK.

Newton 寫道:
[quote]
courtbas 寫道:
YYB,

Somehow I still think that one has to consider his kid's future path before making decision. The curriculum of IS is not sufficient to prepare your kid for the competition of local univerisities. I believe that getting a university place may be easy but getting a good university place may be difficult. At the end of the day, except small number, one still have to get through A-Level exam which is a lot more difficult for IS students.[/quote]

7#
發表於 06-6-10 10:41 |只看該作者

In a seminar, I asked an EMB official about the opportunity of an IS student to get a place in a local university.  He said that the universities in Hong Kong are free to choose the students they want.  

My friend working in the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology told me that some professors really like IS students because of their English ability and creativity.  Many professors have children studying in ESF schools.

While GCE A-level is easy, IB is not. The IB Diploma is highly regarded by universities throughout the world. It gives direct access to the most prestigious universities around the world.

If your son/daughter is really capable, I can't see any reason why the local universities will reject them.

Regards.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題