發新帖
查看: 635|回覆: 2
go

help [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-10-27 20:40 |只看該作者

help

Dear barryma_ma,
My son is 6 years old in next month.  Before, he studied in the kindergarten where no exam. no dictation and even no more homeworks.   However, when he studies in P.1 this year, his P.1 teacher always complains he is not attentive and day dreaming in class.  Therefore, he cannot catch up with the class even the speed of 揭書 is slow. I am very frustrated to hear it and I feel the teacher doesn't give allowance to him for adjustment even just a short period of time in P.1.  As a result, he always fail in quiz or test because he doesn't know the 題目 (though teachers tell the 題目 to the class but he feels too fast and cannot follow).  Besides,  he spent much of the time in doing homework and I have to give more instructions to him.   What happens to my son? How can I train up my son's attention span and how to improve his effectiveness in doing homework??   :-|

2#
發表於 06-10-28 09:33 |只看該作者

Re: help

Hello,

First of all, please don't worry too much. Please understand your son just starting 2 months of primary schoool only. Give him some more times. I fully understand what your feeling, since your teacher also complain him.

I have some suggestion for you.

1) Please talk to your son again. Ask him,  he like the school?  Sometimes, he might has some reason you didn't know that, such as the teacher speak too fast/the teacher doesn't understand him, always complain him not doing well. This is very very importance on the beginning of study. If he has such concept, you must change his mind. Explain to him that he is a P1 student(大哥哥). All other kids (K1, K2 & K3) are followed him . Give him more supporting. This is very importance.

2) Homework -
Once he come back from the school, you say to him. Ma Ma let you have a recess 30mins. You can drink water, eat some food (but don't let him to play toys).

After 15mins, remind him again, you just have 15mins left. and you need to start to do the homework. Ask him to answer - "Yes".

After 30mins, you say that it's time to do the homework now.

Perhaps, on the first week, you still need to do the homework with him. Since he didn't know the question? you must explain to him some key word on the homework of question. Because he will not understand the full sentences.

After 1 week, you can work with him.
But sometimes, you go out, you say to him. This is your homework. You need to take care by yourself if you have any problem, ma ma is outside, you can call me.

Try your best to help him.

3#
發表於 06-10-28 17:57 |只看該作者

Re: help

Dear Meely,
Thank you so much.  I will try.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題